Shall i buy a GT4?

Hi guys and girls...ive got the oppurtunity to buy a black GT4 with <50,000 miles and has full nissan history. It needs a bit of tidying up with regards to couple of scratches, 2 minor car park dings and possibly couple of light wheel refurbs...its mine for about £11,800.

I've driven it for about 30 miles or so and loved it. Really love the sound of them and they handle really well also. Are then many ways of freeing up a bit more power without too much costs such as FI and whats the most preffered exhaust system?

Over the last year i have had:

Mazda MX5 (Had and made look awesome over 2 years)

Mazda RX8 (Got annoyed of 18mpg and sluggish performance despite being 225bhp)

BMW E30 325 Cab (Was white and had 40,000 miles from new...was also a auto and slow! lol)

Porsche 944 Turbo Cab (Great car, loved the boost but got an offer i couldn't refuse)

Porsche Boxster 3.2 S (Should have liked it but really didnt. No LSD also wound me up!)

E46 M3 SMG II Cab (Awesome performance, goes like stink- too firmer ride and high running costs so is going soon)

I'm also 20 and a uni student, clearly have a fairly extreme passion for cars!

Hi guys and girls...ive got the oppurtunity to buy a black GT4 with <50,000 miles and has full nissan history. It needs a bit of tidying up with regards to couple of scratches, 2 minor car park dings and possibly couple of light wheel refurbs...its mine for about £11,800.

I've driven it for about 30 miles or so and loved it. Really love the sound of them and they handle really well also. Are then many ways of freeing up a bit more power without too much costs such as FI and whats the most preffered exhaust system?

Over the last year i have had:

Mazda MX5 (Had and made look awesome over 2 years)

Mazda RX8 (Got annoyed of 18mpg and sluggish performance despite being 225bhp)

BMW E30 325 Cab (Was white and had 40,000 miles from new...was also a auto and slow! lol)

Porsche 944 Turbo Cab (Great car, loved the boost but got an offer i couldn't refuse)

Porsche Boxster 3.2 S (Should have liked it but really didnt. No LSD also wound me up!)

E46 M3 SMG II Cab (Awesome performance, goes like stink- too firmer ride and high running costs so is going soon)

I'm also 20 and a uni student, clearly have a fairly extreme passion for cars!

your only 20 and had all these cars

all i can say is your a bloody lucky man

Lol i know...yes i have been fairly fortunate but it all comes with a bit of hard work. Dont know what it is about the Z just feel its a good all rounder. I have an E39 5 Series if i need 5 seats so the fact the Z only has 2 dosen't pose a problem. Believe it or not- the MX5 was probably the best car i owned and the one i miss the most!

Is there any advantages having a GT4 over the standard GT?

Without a shadow of a doubt yes :thumbs: ..........................and i'm not biased :lol:

Whatever zed you buy will be fun and i have been through alot of performance cars ;)

Modifying them to the magic +300bhp is relatively easy and there are many known routes to achieve this. you can buy a +2007 HR engine which has over 300BHP but where is the fun and exclusivity ;)

First and foremost it comes down to budget :p Fundamentally you can go NA or FI(Turbo or SC :D )

For NA the max would be 310-320FWHP with bolt-ons and remap unless you want to spend big money and get a stroker kit, wild cams, top end work etc :scare:

FI the sky and your budget is the limit and a few people are taking this on as we speak :yahoo:

I have made 270WHP(316FWHP) in NA trim using

- Turbo XS Utec piggyback ECU(currently for sale)

- Berk HFC(sold)

- Japspeed y-pipe and K1 exhaust

- Motordyne MREV2(sold)and Plenum spacer

- AEM induction kit(sold)

But you can i could have used the Uprev ECU remap too to achieve the same results ;) .

Headers do give small gains but due to the high cost of fitting and relative purchase cost for decent ones it not worth the trouble.

See this link of what people have done to get results to have afeel for NA tuning.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

At the end of the day it all comes down to what you want your car to do and how you intend to use it!

My GT4 is track oriented and the biggest mods have been in the suspension and brakes department and that is worth a lot of HP :teeth: i am selling all my performance mods all focus on improving the endurance for track work and i will be happy because unless i go FI it will never be powerful enough.

This is just my conclusion after going nearly full circle in my pursuit to improve my zed.

Thats the kind of reply ive been waiting for! lol. Very interesting, thanks for all that info. Its looking very tempting i have to admit. Its either a 350 or S2000 at the moment, and i do like this GT4. Think i'll avoid the FI route- too much cost involved for the most likely short time i'll have the car! Just want to free it up a bit and get a louder soundtrack of that already awesome sound!

Thats the kind of reply ive been waiting for! lol. Very interesting, thanks for all that info. Its looking very tempting i have to admit. Its either a 350 or S2000 at the moment, and i do like this GT4. Think i'll avoid the FI route- too much cost involved for the most likely short time i'll have the car! Just want to free it up a bit and get a louder soundtrack of that already awesome sound!

In that case a pop charger intake and K1 exhaust will take care of the sound track and then a remap or D1 throttle controller will give the car an edge B)