Possible Retractable number plate GB 2

rtbiscuit

Following on from the last GB

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32587

several people showed an interest in the system, its a bit of a ball ache to organise but if enough people are interested i'll do it again.

to get the prices we had before i'll really need 10 people, but if we only get say, 5 i can still do it, but i'm not sure i can get as much off. so will be down to some banter and haggling with these lads to see what i can wangle.

So to start the list off i'll add the names of the interested parties from the other thread.

£110 (may fluctuate slightly depending on exchange rates) should inc all P+P charges etc etc.

1. Tarmac

2. Andy

3. Jacr87

4.Bradleykit

FITTING GUIDE: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34684

Loving these - if I get one, would one of you fantastic people be able to fit it?

so far alessandro has had his bodyshop do it,

shire is getting his to do it tomorrow,

mine goes in for some work on tuesday and so they'll do it for me at the smae time. but i will be helping out and taking lots of pics to put a guide together.

my advice would be to get your local bodyshop to do it.

will see how fitting goes on tuesday, if its not to bad i might offer a fitting service

Question guys

Would the insurance company need to be notified of this ? I'm asking because every time I do a cosmetic mod the insurance company charges me around £40 to £100 extra :thumbdown:

any mod should be disclosed to your insurer.

maybe need to find a mod friendly insurer.

i tend to do a load of mods before renewing, then renew and disclose all the mods recently done. get them all put on in one hit.

I would like both the front and rears to retract, would look B)B)

I am off accross the pond soon, would it help it I collected these over there to keep the buck's down ?

would definitely help with costs especially with the smaller order

• 2 weeks later...

Rich,

Can you make these flip the number plate both up and down? When I saw James' his came out and then up. All I am thinking of is having mine drop down from the mouth of the V3 as I wouldn't have anything to attach it to on the bottom without it looking :yuck: . It would be more discreet coming from the top so just need to know if its a simple case of flipping the unit or whether its only designed to come out and up? Sorry if this is confusing, early morning and don't really know how to describe what I mean!! :lol:

Rich,

Can you make these flip the number plate both up and down? When I saw James' his came out and then up. All I am thinking of is having mine drop down from the mouth of the V3 as I wouldn't have anything to attach it to on the bottom without it looking :yuck: . It would be more discreet coming from the top so just need to know if its a simple case of flipping the unit or whether its only designed to come out and up? Sorry if this is confusing, early morning and don't really know how to describe what I mean!! :lol:

Need two more espresso's before I can read and understand that one...

I've got another Q, can you fit this system both rear and front and only have one up/down system for it?

Rich,

I've got another Q, can you fit this system both rear and front and only have one up/down system for it?

Its confusing me and I wrote it, plus it was meant to be a PM to save my blushes but clearly too tired to even get that right!!! :lol:

Rich,

Its confusing me and I wrote it, plus it was meant to be a PM to save my blushes but clearly too tired to even get that right!!! :lol:

:lol:B)

Rich,

theortically yes you could turn it upside down but you'll need to design and make a new bracket to move the mounting points outside the area of the numberplate.

you'll basically want to create some kind of frame so that the holder and plate sit in a kind of letter box.

actually ignore that

yes its possible but you'll need to do some fiddlling bracket wise to make it work.

the fixing going back into the grille willl be fine but the ones on the top going to the crash bar will need re shaping to avoid the plate.