Co-op group Nissan Nottingham P2 Service Story

MattMe

Just got my car back from the Co-Op group Nissan garage in Notts.

I'm not massively happy. I rang to arrange a few weeks ago and explained I'd already carried out all neccessary work for a P2 apart from the oil change and filter, and I would supply my own oil. Sio I go to collect it (after having to ring them myself to confirm it had been done) and I've been charged for brake fluid change, coolant change, fuel system 'treatment', brake cleaning, and spray oil! I explained I wouldn't be paying for any of this, but just before she took the invoice off me I noticed the brake fluid 'change' only consisted of one litre! I'm sure you need at least 2 to flush it completely - or am I wrong?

I only changed it 12 months ago for Motul DOT4 so I guess I need to change it all again now!

Not happy.

The staff were ignorant ignored me for ages and spoke quite rudely to me.

When you get issues like this you have to wonder what else they've done, or not done as the case may be.

I looked through the service sheck sheet and you just know they've just ticked it off without actually checking. Like my spare tyre - I know that's under-inflated as I let some pressure out a while ago, but 60psi it says om the sheet!

Contemplating going to see a manager next week..

:angry::bang:

Not a good idea to take your 350Z round to the Nissan stealer in Nottingham or the one in Mansfield :nono: ..they are both rubbish and they know nothing about the car. All they are interested in is selling you a car..they don't want to have anything to do with you once the car is sold. From the scale of 0-10 for customer service, I would give them a -1. Never would i ever let them touch my Zed. I posted a thread many months ago about how dissatisfied i was with them.

Damn it I wish I'd read that!

Forgot to ad the courtesy (Nissan Pixo :yuck:) car I paid for the day (£10 odd) didn't have any fluid in the washer bottle and it was on empty with the fuel warning light on.

Argh!

I'm definitey going in next week to see the manager - so pished off!

Im based in Nottingham too. Last time for my P1 service I took the car to the Nissan dealership in Leicester because I'd read that Nottingham Nissan were poor. However, Leicester were not much better, few minor problems with them and then when I got the car home and checked the paperwork I saw that they hadnt bothered to stamp the service book. Makes you wonder what else they 'forgot' to do....

So has anyone found somewhere local to get their car serviced? Also how much is a P3 likely to set me back?

CS is in Leicester and knows what he is doing so I would recommend a trip to his place next time. Dont let Nissan bully you with the usual "has to be done by a dealer" rubbish either, the 2003 block exemption rulles mean that it doesnt affect warranty.

My dealer tried to charge me for a new air filter when I dont have one. :dry:

I called my local dealer last weekend to get ideas of costs etc for when I buy and he quoted £350 for a p2 I asked what this involved and he said brake fluid and coolant change. and? I said to which he replied "errrr we look at the wheels and errrrrr under the bonnet" you could just tell they dont do anything else! defo wont be going to a nissan stealer for my services!

Im based in Nottingham too. Last time for my P1 service I took the car to the Nissan dealership in Leicester because I'd read that Nottingham Nissan were poor. However, Leicester were not much better, few minor problems with them and then when I got the car home and checked the paperwork I saw that they hadnt bothered to stamp the service book. Makes you wonder what else they 'forgot' to do....

So has anyone found somewhere local to get their car serviced? Also how much is a P3 likely to set me back?

There is only one place that i go to these days to get my car sorted..R35LEE's Falcon Performance garage in Middlesbrough. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Never looked back since :teeth: Obviously it's a long way from Notts but i tend to visit my brother in Sunderland every now so often.

Like martinmac said..try Cougar Store in Leicester..lots of positive feedback on here. Not been to them myself though, so can't speak from personal experience.

CS has done a few bits and bobs for me and did a P1 on my Zed before my last track day - Mitz will put his latex gloves on but then just talk while Andy does all the work... :dry:

Just kidding Mitz!

I'd take my car to him anyday before letting Nissan on it.

Mitz will put his latex gloves on but then just talk while Andy does all the work... :dry:

He knows its true :lol: A good manager deligates tasks - in this case they all go to Andy. :thumbs: A great team they have there though, watching them change my cluch and flywheel just showed how much they know about the car, they did a great job :thumbs:

I too can only echo the great service CS (Mitz) can provide. My mate Ray had his clutch anf fly done and I had my brakes done there and everything was spot on.

Even when we left and my mate noticed the gear selector plate was off, just a quick call to Mitz and we headed back to get it sorted, and this was AFTER opening hours.

That's dedication for ya

I know Nissan aren't known for their great quality mechanics but I got a good price (under £100 for the P2 service) and it's close and they offered a courtesy car for a tenner.

Leicester isn't that far but it's a long way to go for a service. At eh end of the day what is done in a service I can't do? I did everything else other than the oil change so I could get a stamp in my book pretty much. Why don't I just service it myself and write what I did in the book?

So frustrating!

I live in mansfield and take mine to derby nissan they seem pretty good i did have some rite issues with them when i bought the car almost 3 years ago moaned like hell and got 2 years free servicing a free bluetooth adapter and as the manager lives in mansfield he comes to me, drops off his zed and takes mine to have the work done then drops it off on his way home :thumbs: though now i have to pay for servicing i may look at taking it too CS after all the recomendations

I turned up some time ago to that very place. One of the people working there saw my car out of the window and told me they only serviced Renaults & Nissans. Do the right thing and go down to Mitz. Leicester is not far.

:lol::lol: OMFG - that has to be one of the best 'dealer' stories I've heard :clap:

Why did you take it to a Nissan garage just to get the Oil Changed? Was it for the stamp?

Yep - just for the stamp.

That's why I'm asking why I should bother taking it anywhere at all to have it serviced - why not just do it all myself, keep the receipts and 'stamp' the service book myself?

Did they agree to not doing all the P2 items you had already done or did you just say you had done them?

It does not supprise me they did the items again. If you want the stamp you have to let them do the work. Bit like me saying to the building inspector "Don't worry i have inspected all my own work can you just give me a certificate please" He won't and he will inspect it all again.

Unfortuntaely if you want the Nissan stamp you need to let them do the work.

Did they agree to not doing all the P2 items you had already done or did you just say you had done them?

It does not supprise me they did the items again. If you want the stamp you have to let them do the work. Bit like me saying to the building inspector "Don't worry i have inspected all my own work can you just give me a certificate please" He won't and he will inspect it all again.

Unfortuntaely if you want the Nissan stamp you need to let them do the work.

I disagree - I asked them to service my car, part from the work I had already done. I wasn't asking them to say they'd carried out a full P2 on my car.

I spoke to the manager today and pretty much had the attidtude 'you should be thankful you got the courtesy car' and 'my best technician di the work' so therefore nothing wrong/missing. Totally over-looking most of the other points I made.

The best I got out of him was 'tell me what you want me to do'. I was quite annoyed by that attitude. He did offer to change the rear drop-link (advisory on MOT) with no labour charge.

I told him I don't want anything from him or his business and I shall be taking my car elsewhere in future.

It's not like I was ringing up to get anything out of him, I wanted him to be aware of the service his staff do/don't give and the quality of the work carried out. It was like he was just sitting there waiting for me to say 'so I want a refund' where all I really wanted was him to make not, apologise and not be rude like his staff.

Ahhh!

:rant::bang::thumbdown:

Having just won a battle with VW about servicing I can say that you can have servicing done by anyone and as long as the parts are approved they dont need to be manufacturers parts. Quoting he 2003 block exemption rules usually shuts them up.

I disagree - I asked them to service my car, part from the work I had already done. I wasn't asking them to say they'd carried out a full P2 on my car.

I agree if you just wanted to get the car serviced but IMO if you were wanting the service book stamped for a P2 service then you have to expect they will want to do the work.

martinmac -> I don't think the issue is about needing to get it done there. Generally people look on a full manufacturers service history as better than a service history thus why he wanted to keep it (even if this is not the case many times)