Dotz GT-R

Cheesypuff

Hi, Im a noob :wave: . Purchased a kuro Z last year and joined up but not really posted before now, anyways I noticed these Dotz GT-R's while browsing on http://caraudiosecurity.com

Anyone seen them in the flesh? I know the Rota GT-R's are popular but these are cheaper for the equivelant size and although they dont look quite the same I thought they could maybe be a good alternative if the pennies are tight. The available offset seems ok although not perfect and I would really like to know if they would clear brembo calipers without spacers fitted?

What's peoples experiences of Dotz wheels, are you happy with them, any problems???

Thanks.

Sorry misread your thread..thought it was the Hanzo you are after. :oops::shutup:

No prob, I think these GT-R are a new wheel and as such I've struggled to find many places selling them although to tell the truth I think I need a new exhaust now so the possibility of new wheels is rapidly dissapearing anyway.

Ha Ha, was wondering how long it would take for someone else to spy these! these are the wheels that i was looking to replace my Rays with earlier this year. I saw them when they were previewed at the Autosport show in Jan.

Couldn't find them anywhere but phoned Alcar (main UK Dotz supplier) and got all the info from there.

I havnt ordered.

The main reason being that the 18's (which have the same offsets as the rays) arnt available in staggared fitment and are only 8" wide :(

The 19s do appear to be available in diffrerent widths but the offsets are gash and you would definatly need spacers just to clear the Brembos (et37 i think)

Looks great though!!

DotzGTR.jpg

Was also a little put off by the brand hating i would be subjected to by other members :lol:

Jak

Personally, I like em and Im pretty keen on only JDM brands usually.

They look kind of TE37 to me

I would say get them :thumbs:

I also think the Rota GTR's look cool too and are reasonable. They can be really aggresive looking if you get the right offsets and widths

I was offered these wheels at a very cheap rate too through Alcar - Far cheaper than the Rota's.... but then i was going to buy them through the company dont know if they sell direct to public? Shouldnt think it would be a problem....

I'm interested in the 18's, Arent the stock wheels only 8" wide too? and un staggered? Im sure Ive seen cars on here with unstaggered setups and they looked fine, do most prefer staggered and or wider rears just for aesthetics or some other reason? Main concern is wether the 18s with ET30 offset would clear the calipers, guess the only way to find out is to buy some or wait for somone else to!

the 18's should clear the calipers, though would still benifit from spacers to fill the arches. No the standard Rays are 8.0 at the front and 8.5 at the back...... dont't know about the standard standard ones though.....

Technically if you kept the tyre sizes the same as stock i.e. different size tyre on the front compared to rears you would still have a wider footprint at the back i think - im sure somebody more knowledgeable can clarify this for you?

I think it's generally accepted that its a better idea to have a wider tyre on the back than the front of a high(ish) powered rwd car, especially on a torquey (sp??!) engine.

I havn't totally ruled out the idea of them yet - just a lot lower down on the priority list now i have spacers for the Rays, and would probs rather spend the money on a plenum spacer & Abbey Re-Map (which will have to wait till i get back from NZ anyway!)

Post some pics up if you do get them though mate - i'm sure they will look great. - if you want to get a rough idea of how they will look try and find a pic of a Z with the Volk TE-37 20Inch models fitted (i think theres a few pics floating around the interweb of an amuse Z with these??)

like this:

https://www.performancenissanparts.com/ ... s/5955.jpg

Jak

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
For that rpice you could have them sprayed :)

Any chance they do better offsets?

wheels only there about £660 so then with say £300 for a decent paint job your looking at £960 for about a grand you could get the varrstoen wheels which are another copy of the te37 and come with better offsets (et12 or et0) ;)