Front Lip spoiler and speed humps

Glenn1981

So I have been looking at a number of fronts for my car and I have narrowed it down to a couple, but what I am worried about is where I live. Round here is speed hump country, they are on every road. Am I just asking for trouble?

I am at normal ride height at the moment, but I will want to lower the car by 20-30mm in the future when I change the suspension setup.

Thoughts and experiences from you guys with bodykits welcome.

Thanks

If you are going to lower it then you will have a prob with some speed bumps no matter what. I have a nismo v1 front bumper and i can get over speed bumps just. But i know a few members on here who have front bumper/lowered and crawl over them with a bit of scraping. I am sure someone will be along soon to confirm this :thumbs:

I scraped my lip the first day I fitted it getting off my driveway :dry: since then i've stopped caring :lol:

I've managed to get my route out down to 1 speedbump now though but I still scrape if the road has an uneven camber :blush:

I have nismo s-tune suspension and it's low. I can't go anywhere really. In Falkirk I bottomed out but it was either my gearbox or front of my exhaust that caught it. I caught my bumper goin into a petrol station due to a sunken drain.

hmmm I guess I wont get it lowered that much then and go over things very very slowly at an angle.

You just cant get away from spedd bumps and humps and other things that will cause damage round here, but I cant not get one just because of that, I will just ahve to be extra careful.

even not lowerd you may get the dread ramp issue , my veilside lip stock ride height was fine for ages then i had no wherre to pak bu risk a multi storey and scraped on the down ramp :(

speed hump should be ok for most as peeps said just go slow and dont let the car tip, if your lowing on just srping why not get get the tein one sas they lwoer but only by about 15mm ?

To give you an idea. I am thinking either Strosek front or Nismo V2 front. Leaning towards the Strosek as everyone seems to be getting Nismo at the moment.

The Strosek is low anyway, but then has an added carbon lip on it which takes it lower :doh:

Glenn , if your still going to ace this week hjave a look at mine and youl get an idea for the bump issues as most dont go lower than the bumper by more than a few mm its the sticking forward thats the issue.

if this is the strosek your after it looks to be pretty safe http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... entCat=236 but if you go as low as the car in the pictures you may ahve issues . (looks quite nice too)

Yeah thats the one Yoko. I will lower it, but probably not that low.

It is nice and the rear is even nicer! Just wanted something that I dont see much and this seems to be it, quite similar in style to the nismo, just a little different and in my opinion a little more aggresive.

I will probably get the Shine version as the Strosek original is ALOT of money, where as the Shine version isnt :lol:

ive got the v1 kit, i had it fixed a few months ago, then i banged it a month ago, and just recently hit it again so its back in the bodyshop on wednesday, so yeah it can be a problem

Hmmm this is what I am thinking, and with that Carbon lip it wont be cheap to fix :wacko:

Depends what i want doing, to be honest the stuff i bought is made from a Hybrid material - 'a fabrication technique used by Ings+1 that utilizes urethane in the molding process' so it alot more resistance to scrapes and bangs etc. Its held up really well with only superficial scratches so far.