which brake pads on a budget AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

sparky370z

• 11 months later...
Euro Car Parts do standard Pagid pads for ~£23 for fronts or rear and free delivery.

To add to this thread: I fitted the Pagid cheapies and bedded in over 200 miles or so. Bite wasn't quite as good as the original brembo pads but I figured it would get better and I was happy enough.

Then I did a track day and the front pads were smoking after a few not particularly quick or aggressive laps.

The brakes are mushy mush now, the pads are cooked. I took them out and deglazed them and they are still rubbish.

Buy cheap, buy twice etc etc.

How have the mintex cheapies stood up?

Euro Car Parts do standard Pagid pads for ~£23 for fronts or rear and free delivery.

To add to this thread: I fitted the Pagid cheapies and bedded in over 200 miles or so. Bite wasn't quite as good as the original brembo pads but I figured it would get better and I was happy enough.

Then I did a track day and the front pads were smoking after a few not particularly quick or aggressive laps.

The brakes are mushy mush now, the pads are cooked. I took them out and deglazed them and they are still rubbish.

Buy cheap, buy twice etc etc.

How have the mintex cheapies stood up?

I have used mintex pads for all my other cars and they are very good. Long lasting and hardly any brake dust. I will be using them on my zed next time I change the pads. And works out under £70 for a complete set. well worth it I think!

These cheap pads work well on normal road driving. But, if you go on track or are heavy on tight country roads then you will destroy them very quickly. These pads might work well on most cars but the zed is a fat heavy beast.

I am a massive fan of ebc yellow stuff pads as they worked well on the road and never ha any issues. The ebb blueshift ndx compound pad are have outstanding braking potential and even ona track like Knockhill which destroys the zeds pads I couldn't get them to fade at all. However, after 2-3 heavy track sessions they have worn and are almost done. That's approximately 1000miles and the zed has destroyed track pads which are highly thought of by time attack series car owners. This puts it into perspective of how heavy the zed is and what quality of pads are required

The mintex cheapies have been spot on. I havent had any problems with them at all.

I havent done a massive amount of miles but so far thay have been very good for the money.

I have not and prob never will go on a track with the zed so i dont know what they are like on track but normal road use has been just fine.

Yellow pads are fine with Brembo's, :thumbs: changed mine to Ferodo's when I changed the front discs and the Ferodo's are just as good but for me they make a bit more dust than the EBC's :)

Bumping this up ...

Out of interest are the yellowstuff pads any good? When paired with brembos?