Clutch slave cylinder gone again!!!!

Greekman

No, it died when on the move, went to change up and the foot just went straight to the floor, no noise, no bang, no smell, just no drive, knocked it into neutral right away and coasted the half mile to where I knew there was a lay by, no drama...

Its the why and how to fix it now but as said with no fluid drops its hard to say what has gone, the symptoms suggest slave... Cant be just low, the fluid must have went somewhere...

No, it died when on the move, went to change up and the foot just went straight to the floor, no noise, no bang, no smell, just no drive, knocked it into neutral right away and coasted the half mile to where I knew there was a lay by, no drama...

Its the why and how to fix it now but as said with no fluid drops its hard to say what has gone, the symptoms suggest slave... Cant be just low, the fluid must have went somewhere...

Try and add some fluid and you will see it dripping under the clutch behind the engine.

that fluid you are missing is somewhere on the road m8! ;)

as for how to fix it the clutch bit needs surgery which on an 08 model means gearbox down! :scare:

i think on early models it could be done without touching the gearbox... all the best... :thumbs:

Cheers mate, its going over to the garage tonight, I'll get it on the ramps over the weekend and get a look at it...

Are there a few different parts or did it stay the same over the years, mine is an 05, I made a call on spec to Nissan who gave me a delivery of May 28th... WTF...

Anyway, as said, I will have a look at the slave over the weekend and if its that then I'll have to order one but I'm just asking the question incase theres a quicker option open to me...

Three weeks +... Dont think I can do that...

Cheers mate, its going over to the garage tonight, I'll get it on the ramps over the weekend and get a look at it...

Are there a few different parts or did it stay the same over the years, mine is an 05, I made a call on spec to Nissan who gave me a delivery of May 28th... WTF...

Anyway, as said, I will have a look at the slave over the weekend and if its that then I'll have to order one but I'm just asking the question incase theres a quicker option open to me...

I have them in stock mate :thumbs: No need to wait until may 28th. :lol:

I have them in stock mate :thumbs: No need to wait until may 28th. :lol:

Just received mine form ZMANALEX very next day, :thumbs:

I phoned the Nissan dealer and they told me upto 4weeks delivery :surrender:

Well, put it on the lift Saturday afternoon, the slave cylnder was not the problem...

The actuator arm was not where it should be...

So...

We dropped out the gearbox, and found this...

SDC10971.jpg

SDC10969.jpg

Anyone got these in stock or know the part number so I can try order one, its the actuator pivot, it sheared...

Has this happened to anyone else?

If its one of those things thats made of Unobtainium then I will just have to drill it out and put a stud in it but I'm trying for the original part first...

Any help / info appreciated... Cheers...

Cool...

PM sent...

I started refurbing the wheels as I thought it would be off the road for a couple of weeks too, need to work like a victorian child to get that done now...

Anyway, will let you all know progress...

Sorry, been away from things for a bit...

Big up to Zmanalex for the part needed and more importantly the speedy delivery...

I refurbed the wheels (black now) too, so just need the paintwork polished and its as good as new...

Cheers to all for the input...