Car PC build **updated**

nrenz123

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt imagine it would die, most (if not all) throttle back on overheating these days, its just more the fact it will add more heat to the surrounding components which wont be as good with dealing with it and might kill them earlier

yeah that makes more sense. now to figure out why my desktop pc wont boot. :dry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been meaning to build one of these for ages, but never got around to it. I finally ordered some bits today, including the same motherboard as Nathan - it has great reviews :thumbs:

I intend running Windows 7 as well - but my main question is about power. How will you make the system power up when the car starts and power down (or sleep/hibernate) when you exit the car. Will this be automated or a simple on/off button?

One of the cases I have looked at is this one http://misco.ie/ProductInfo/ProductInfo ... ode=162779

as it has built in DC-DC, but I am not yet sure how it will handle cranking

I have been meaning to build one of these for ages, but never got around to it. I finally ordered some bits today, including the same motherboard as Nathan - it has great reviews :thumbs:

I intend running Windows 7 as well - but my main question is about power. How will you make the system power up when the car starts and power down (or sleep/hibernate) when you exit the car. Will this be automated or a simple on/off button?

One of the cases I have looked at is this one http://misco.ie/ProductInfo/ProductInfo ... ode=162779

post a new thread I want to know how you get on. :p

post a new thread I want to know how you get on. :p

I will Anders, when my bits arrive in the next day or so :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...