Polish and Waxing

Ruddles

Just a quick question (or not that quick...we'll see :D )

Basically I've never used a coloured car wax and have only ever failed completely at applying clay! Not that the car needs this done instantly, but for these upcoming sunny days (prays) when I'm not driving I'll be cleaning my car....I am that sad!! :clap:

To all the Azure owners (and any helpful sorts) out there, what's your prep/progress routine for washing, claying, polishing/waxing your car and what products do you find brings out and maintains the best?

Help me o wise ones!!!

p.s. Loving the smileys!! :drive1

Just a quick question (or not that quick...we'll see :D )

Basically I've never used a coloured car wax and have only ever failed completely at applying clay! Not that the car needs this done instantly, but for these upcoming sunny days (prays) when I'm not driving I'll be cleaning my car....I am that sad!! :clap:

To all the Azure owners (and any helpful sorts) out there, what's your prep/progress routine for washing, claying, polishing/waxing your car and what products do you find brings out and maintains the best?

Help me o wise ones!!!

p.s. Loving the smileys!! :drive1

Not an azure owner but certainly have a good job keeping my car clean all the time since I use everyday.

Dodo juice products see andy's deals are good and then blackfire products liquid wax and deep shine. DODO juice shampoo, need for speed cleaner wax, purple haze, autoglym interior shampoo, marine metal poilish, turtle wax tyre shine.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=32524

.....have only ever failed completely at applying clay! .....

.....what's your prep/progress routine for washing, claying, polishing/waxing your car and what products do you find brings out and maintains the best?.....

For an un-failing result check the following link...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2878&hilit=guide+to+detailing

Speak to Andy for dodo's gear and use them in the guide above.

Wash using DJ Born To Be Mild shampoo

Clay using Autoglym medium clay + detailer

Wash using DJ BTBM again

One use of Megs Stage 2 polish

One use of DJ Lime Prime

2-3 coats of DJ Blue Velvet wax

1 coat of DJ Red Mist to seal & protect

Obviously if the car is less dirty then I won't go as mad, usually just a wash and maybe a wax topup, but that's pretty much what I do twice a year right there.

**EDIT** Because I forgot about the Red Mist.

**EDIT 2** Because I'm still a tit.

One use of DJ Lime Prime

Should be polish first then LP. LP is a wax pre-cleanser, it removes any stuff left before waxing, thus should be used after polish :thumbs: Also if the car is already swirl free, no need to polish, just use LP.

Depends how nuts I'm going. I'll be doing a full on rotary and DA machine polish very soon.....

For Azure blackfire products are very easy to use and look great. I'm getting into Dodo Juice now too using the Supernatural V2 Wax and the lime prime / lime Prime Lite cleansers.

Claying a car makes a huge difference and is very easy. This video might help.

I recomend doing that at the beginning of the year (like now!)

A good basic wash method should be used. Wash mitts and two bucket method are a must.

I'm happy to explain and describe the two bucket method for anyone.

One use of DJ Lime Prime

Should be polish first then LP. LP is a wax pre-cleanser, it removes any stuff left before waxing, thus should be used after polish :thumbs: Also if the car is already swirl free, no need to polish, just use LP.

Congratulations, you spotted my deliberate mistake! You win a prize!* :D

*You don't win a prize, and I knew there was something about that list that didn't look correct when I wrote it! :bangin: Cheers mate, will correct it now. :)

Great to see so many replies! WOW! I'm really going to have to start stocking up!!

As mine's a daily driver also (though I don't travel too far to work and am currently seeing around 45mpg) :yahoo: I do live out in the country so dust, dirt, mud and all that come with it is usually very quick to shake hands with my freshly washed car!

I'm familiar with the two bucket method, It's the way I used to wash the previous mode of transport and the ONLY way I'll be washing the Zed :lol:

I currently use turtle wax shampoo with 2 bucket meth. microfibre dry, turtle wax ICE liquid clay and zymol polish (fast glass and Autosol /metal polish too ofc).

You all know so much!! so judging by your replies, it seems as though I'm missing out on DJ Lime Prime and DJ Blue Velvet, I've spotted sellers on ebay for around £45 for Lime Prime, Blue Velvet and 3 free towels. I'm guessing this is a pretty good deal, although I'd rather buy from traders here to keep it in the forum if I could. Does anyone know if Andy stocks more than the current deals and would be able to match or would the best thing be to PM him?

Sorry! You're gonna have hassle with me and my questions!! :ban:

Thanks Chris I'll be sure to check them out. Fortunately It's not too urgent as I'll be leaving the Zed for a week :byebye: in April whilst snowboarding in Tignes :cold: . Should be in a much better cash situation once I'm back though and can start the collection of parts and acces.

• 3 weeks later...

After routine washing I only clay the car once or twice a year. Quickly remove surface water after washing, using a microfibre cloth - much better than a chamois leather - and then begin claying.

I used to use the Meguairs clay but now use a generic one bought from i4detailing.co.uk (discount to forum members when I bought the stuff). As long as you keep the clay lubed (clean warm water works just fine to be honest rather than expensive lubes that run out quickly) it is dead easy.

Then polish with the SFX-3/2/1 in that order (only used SFX-3 the first time - now only need 1/2 as paintwork is well looked after since I got the car) applied with a Megs rotary polisher and SFX pads.

If the rainclouds are still at bay, I use Dodo Jiuce Rainforest Rub wax which gives a great finish and smells nice too! (Again from i4detailing, who are great by the way).

Final step - stick all the cloths in the washing machine, remembering that if you do this together with the wifes clothes you will be seriously reprimanded - but you will only do this once. :D