Looking for some new rims

Sarnie

Yup wheels are a fairly good price considering the tyres are included. Looking at them the only query would be do they clear the Brembo calipers as they look like a design that might not work

clear the Zed with Brembo's in the photo :thumbs: in the Ebay description

Are they brembos? they look like different aftermarket brakes.

you may well be correct :thumbs: one things for sure if they clear those they will clear Brembo's :teeth: besides which I dont think the seller would advertise them for 350z's if they didnt clear the calipers :)

just not proper wheel brand IMO that's all :)

those 20" will weigh 3 tons each too ;) making Sarnie the slowest in the village :lol:

comments like these don't help either with reagrds to Ruff wheels ;)

"Maybe a bit late but I thought I'd offer you my 2 cents.I too own a 2003 G35 coupe 6MT. Here's the deal: If you live in a pot hole ridden area DO NOT get these wheels! I've replaced FOUR front wheels. Three from pot holes one from me being an idiot. The point is our car is rather heavy 3500lbs. These wheels are made for the kids that drive Civic, and other teenage "tuner" type cars. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the way they look on my car but I get VERY mad when I smack a pot hole and it cost me 700 bones to fix. Also, even if you live where the road are perfect you really need a garage. My rear lips have begun to rust and it does not look cool."

those 20" will weigh 3 tons each too ;) making Sarnie the slowest in the village :lol:

"Maybe a bit late but I thought I'd offer you my 2 cents.I too own a 2003 G35 coupe 6MT. Here's the deal: If you live in a pot hole ridden area DO NOT get these wheels! I've replaced FOUR front wheels. Three from pot holes one from me being an idiot. The point is our car is rather heavy 3500lbs. These wheels are made for the kids that drive Civic, and other teenage "tuner" type cars. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the way they look on my car but I get VERY mad when I smack a pot hole and it cost me 700 bones to fix. Also, even if you live where the road are perfect you really need a garage. My rear lips have begun to rust and it does not look cool."

How the F**k can an alloy wheel rust??? where did you dig this crap up fromVal?? They must have been some good old pot holes, I have some beauties round here and mine are still like new!! sounds like an American fool to me?? :p

Hmmm. Food for thought for old Sarnie-boy! :dry:

The weight would be one of your bigget drawbacks to these wheels, especially on 20's. But if its purely looks your after they look superb especially with yellow!

IMO I would go for 19's, of a lightweight design, which would cost more money but worth it to keep the cars unsprung weight down.

How the F**k can an alloy wheel rust??? where did you dig this crap up fromVal?? They must have been some good old pot holes, I have some beauties round here and mine are still like new!! sounds like an American fool to me?? :p

Isn't the lip stainless steel?

Nooooo! polished alloy..I dont know what rims the Yank Plank has :scare::scare:

Perhaps in retrospect not the most intelligent thing I've ever posted. :blush:

:thumbs::teeth:

• 4 weeks later...

Val, our American fool was posting about his SSR GT3's not Ruff wheels. Quoted from his post:

I too own a 2003 G35 coupe 6MT. I have 19" SSR GT3 wheel on Dunlop tires.

Here's the deal: If you live in a pot hole ridden area DO NOT get these wheels!

I've replaced FOUR front wheels. Three from pot holes one from me being an idiot. The point is our car is rather heavy 3500lbs. These wheels are made for the kids that drive Civic, and other teenage "tuner" type cars. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the way they look on my car but I get VERY mad when I smack a pot hole and it cost me 700 bones to fix. Also, even if you live where the road are perfect you really need a garage. My rear lips have begun to rust and it does not look cool.

Actually having done a bit of digging around recently, plenty of alloys have a stainless steel lip. I suspect this is why our American friend's rusted.