Anyone here owned a 300ZX

Stretch

Fancied one for years but never got round to getting one. Still some nice examples out there and was contemplating one as an option when i bought my zed along with possibly a supra, 3000GT or at a push an NSX. Went for the zed though as it was a much newer car and a safer option in my opinion.

Fancied one for years but never got round to getting one. Still some nice examples out there and was contemplating one as an option when i bought my Z33 along with possibly a supra, 3000GT or at a push an NSX. Went for the Z33 though as it was a much newer car and a safer option in my opinion.

Corrected for you, as they're both Zeds. ;):)

One thing to watch for with the Z32's is the hoses. They're getting on a bit now, hoses going is very common. Fantastic Z cars if you find one that's been well cared for. :thumbs:

my mates had 3 and they have all been nothing but trouble, kinda funny watching him sometimes as he thinks its so super quick... its not, think it all depends on how much you want to spend and try and get one that has completly overhauled engine, and best bet it to find an owners club, my mate has had to change both his turbos twice now from poor oil flow and its an engine out job each time... not fun...

my mates had 3 and they have all been nothing but trouble, kinda funny watching him sometimes as he thinks its so super quick... its not, think it all depends on how much you want to spend and try and get one that has completly overhauled engine, and best bet it to find an owners club, my mate has had to change both his turbos twice now from poor oil flow and its an engine out job each time... not fun...

That was the main reason why I never got one. Looked into it and found them very expensive to maintain and would cost £££££ if anything significant went wrong. Lovely looking car but I wasn't brave enough to take the gamble I'm afraid

I have one :) been driving it for the last two years with no problems whatsoever infact its the most reliable car I have owned its a 92 jdm twin turbo auto with 64,000 miles. Buy a good one look after it and you wont go wrong

august2nd006.jpg

august2nd008.jpg

I have had one and my youngest son has one. Fabulously quick and full of gadgets. You need to buy one that has been looked after. there are loads of cheapies on the market but they are generally trouble. Bear in mind the cars are now over 15 years old in many cases and have given good hard service. They are now starting to break. Look on zclub.net and 300zx-club.com for some good ones for sale. I think there's a silver one and a flip paint one recently gone on, both superb cars.

I have one :) been driving it for the last two years with no problems whatsoever infact its the most reliable car I have owned its a 92 jdm twin turbo auto with 64,000 miles. Buy a good one look after it and you wont go wrong

Lovely looking motor mate :thumbs: