What wheel wax?

AK350Z

Poorboys smells ace btw! :D was also good on the door handles

+1 for PB sealant, its great stuff, have converted many to it. Give the wheels a damn good clean, claybar and polish, just like normal paint then put 4 or so coats on, applying and leaving to cure for 10 mins or so. Jobs a good un - so much easier to clean then :thumbs:

Poorboys smells ace btw! :D was also good on the door handles

+1 for PB sealant, its great stuff, have converted many to it. Give the wheels a damn good clean, claybar and polish, just like normal paint then put 4 or so coats on, applying and leaving to cure for 10 mins or so. Jobs a good un - so much easier to clean then :thumbs:

Haha, don't think I'm up to yours and James' level of attention to detail yet, I think i'll try a spray sealant first and see what thats like. :thumbs: Maybe go a bit more mental before Wales. :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the day today removing my wheels, thoroughly cleaning them, 1 coat of Poorboys wheel seal (love the smell of that stuff!) and a coat of Collinite 476s for good measure. I have to admit I used some "Wonder Wheels" to remove some stubborn brake dust that just didn't seem to want to shift, I know it's a bit aggressive but did the trick with very little effort on my part ;)

Coincidentally I spent 3 hours this weekend waxing my new Alloys replaced under warranty.

Unfortunately the 300C alloys are bad for corrosion - worse than a 1972 VW Baywindow camper van! :lol:

So I had to try to protect them as best I can.

1) Washed in Fairy liquid

2) Dried off then polished with MER

3) Waxed with Poorboys Wheel wax (twice)both outside and inner rim and also as much into the nooks and crannies as posible

4) Left to set hard - then buffed off

5) Blackfire Spray Sealant on the top and buffed off

6) Blackfire Tyre Sealant

Refitted to car.

Really pleased with the results and lets hope they help minimise future corrosion :scare: