vredestein ultra sessanta

jonty

just fitted all four to my car :teeth: And wow what a difference! It had original brigestones on before, and now all that road noise has stopped! yippe! Have only driven them for a few miles so will be getting to grips with them soon :):drive1

I took them to my local "Just Tyres" and they fitted them for £10 a corner including balancing and disposal of the old ones.

Note: this usually goes in the fitter's pocket as the "list price" to fit tyres not supplied by them is over £75 for 4 ;)

I took them to my local "Just Tyres" and they fitted them for £10 a corner including balancing and disposal of the old ones.

Note: this usually goes in the fitter's pocket as the "list price" to fit tyres not supplied by them is over £75 for 4 ;)

Thanks for that Rich - sounds like a useful contact you have at your Just Tyres! :)

Will bear that in mind when sorting my next set out.

Thanks

Im a bit surprised - Ive got some on the back and dont think they are all that TBH ........ pretty good in the dry but I cant say I have been impressed in the wet. The RE050's on the front Ive got are much better and dare I say it, but the Falkens I had before I actually preferred ........... :blush:

Im a bit surprised - Ive got some on the back and dont think they are all that TBH ........ pretty good in the dry but I cant say I have been impressed in the wet. The RE050's on the front Ive got are much better and dare I say it, but the Falkens I had before I actually preferred ........... :blush:

so your running a mixed setup,

that might be part of your issue.

Ive been driving RWD Nissans for about 10 years and been drifting for a while so go through tyres quicker than most, and Ive never found a mixed setup to be a problem on anything else TBH. Surely rear end grip/tyre communication/graduation of breakway with one tyre is the same as another, regardless of whats on the front? :shrug:

Not trying to be confrontational but Ive found they break away very quickly and without any warning in the wet - if you dont fancy driving with the VDC off then see how quickly it comes in on full bore gearchanges - with the Vrede's I felt it was quicker than anything else Ive run on the back. :)

i'm not disagreeing with your opinion just general consensus is that mixing front and back will lead to different grip characteristics across the car. i haven't tracked the Vreds yet, but find the tyres better in the wet than the re040's i agree that the grip on them isn't as good as say the MPS2's which apparently are similiar to the REO50's in grip level, but i do find the biggest benefit of the Vred's is that they are very communicative. i find that with the "tail out" you know exactly what the car is doing. have a search my mate did a tyre comparison of them against several others he had driven on the Zed. i can only comment on other brands from having them on other cars. for instants i found the toyos very soft walled and got horrible tyre roll on them with hard cornering. I found the Eagle f1's very good, but an extremely soft compound. rough terrain gravel extra used to shred them up. falkens weren't great for track work as they turn to blue tack after several laps and require regular cool down. (that one was the opinion of someone else who had tracked the zed with them on)

i think it comes down to bang for your buck and in its price range its one of the better options. but thats personal opinion.

others have come from falkens to the vreds and notice a big improvement over them. i must admit i run mine at about 37 psi to stiffen them up abit more. also my car needs an alignment adjustment as it doesn;t feel like its riding right and think it will track better once its been tweaked.

thats strange, i had the brigestones on and swapped all 4 for the vreds and im getting on so well with them! Maybe another setting on your car might be throwing something out like camber/etc? I hardly ever drive with traction controll on, and the vreds seem a much much better tyre. Weird! :wacko:

Oh aye, my car isnt standard so it may well be the car rather than the tyre. I also went from a 245 to a 265 (both on 10J wheels) so my fore and aft grip wont be as good as it used to be. Ive just not been overly impressed with what was sold to me as "up there with the F1 asymmetric asthe best tyre you can buy" - if others have had better results then its probs just me ;)