Worrying noises

GC350z

I’ve had the car for almost two weeks now and the noises it makes really have me concerned. I’ll try my best to describe them. Just want to have an idea if its either normal or not before I go to the Nissan dealer.

Changing from first to second can A be a chore and B sound like a thump.

Changing from third to second makes a noise like a thump as well.

When stationary with foot off clutch sounds like hot air travelling down a pipe but not when clutch is depressed. Also when stationary with foot off clutch sounds like small back fire coming out the pipes. Does sound kind of cool. B)

So are these noises normal for the z or should I be concerned.

The one thing worth noting is that the fuel lid says use 98 octane. Unfortunately 98 isn’t exactly available and if it was it would cost a lot more. We get 95 here and sometimes 97 in other garages but costs 20c more per litre. I think 98 was only available in a few garages.

Cheers,

Guy

Only had mine for about 48hrs now :teeth: although haven't heard those sorts of noises. If you've got time I'd take it down the dealers just for the service staff to have a listen. If nothing wrong at least it'll put your mind at rest and an end to any sleepless nights! :wacko: Thats what they are there for.....use 'em and don't get fobbed off if it sounds like they don't know or give you some strange excuse!! Might be worth using the highest RON fuel you can for a few days to see if the exhaust sounds mellow a bit.

The gearchange is normal, at least as far I know :)

I will have been Zedding for one year tomorrow (yay me :D ) and mine's always done that. It's a little more pronounced for me from when cold. In fact, a fellow Zedder stopped me as I was exiting our estate last month with the very same question - apparently he had just picked up the Zed from Brum and was convinced the 'box was stuffed.

The other noise, sounds like the clutch release bearing, or thrust bearing as some call it? Anyway, mine's done that forever too!

I did read somewhere about some bod getting this replaced under warranty, however I can't imagine my dealer saying anything other than "they all do that sir" :dry:

Enjoy!

My box clunks a bit as the load goes onto and off it.

:dry:

The noise that disappears when the clutch pedal is pressed is the sound of the gearbox internals rotating when the clutch is engaged. Mine does it and although I've had the car only a couple of weeks, I'd judge this to be quite normal, based on my experience of other cars. I'm certainly not concerned about mine but as suggested elsewhere, a trip to the service department and somebody listening to it wouldn't do any harm.

Peter

not all the time, but about 50% of the time i get a slight gear crunching, cogs rubbing sound when starting the car, it is very quick and disapears within a second but does concern me, could be something simalir, also the gear box is very heavy compared to my Honda DC5 but i guess i will just have to live with that :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...
The gearchange is normal, at least as far I know :)

I will have been Zedding for one year tomorrow (yay me :D ) and mine's always done that. It's a little more pronounced for me from when cold. In fact, a fellow Zedder stopped me as I was exiting our estate last month with the very same question - apparently he had just picked up the Zed from Brum and was convinced the 'box was stuffed.

The other noise, sounds like the clutch release bearing, or thrust bearing as some call it? Anyway, mine's done that forever too!

I did read somewhere about some bod getting this replaced under warranty, however I can't imagine my dealer saying anything other than "they all do that sir" :dry:

Enjoy!

Release bearing definately mate, get it done under warranty (a known issue) I've had mine done and I'd recommend you do the same far better than sorting it yourself!!