Blended Nismo Rear Spats - Longevity?

MattG

Hi all,

I'm currently having a Nismo V1 kit fitted to my car and I quite like the look of blended rear spats. I've spoken to the body shop about it and whilst they can do it they are concerned about how long it will last without cracking due to the flex in the OEM rear bumper. I know a few people on here have had it done, so can anyone comment on how well it has lasted for them?

For the moment they have just fitted them normally with a bead of sealant sealing to the bumper. I'm going to go and take a look tomorrow to see how it looks and then I'll give them a decision so they can get it painted.

All input gratefully received! :thumbs:

Mine have been on for 5 months with no problems :)

Thanks for the info! :thumbs: I know where the bodyshop are coming from with this and if this was the front wings I'd agree with them but I really can't see the rear bumper having any issues. :wacko:

only be an issue if you reverse into something that flexes the rear bumper.

its an unlikely scenario, best bet is just make sure you don't let the missus drive ;)

Then I guess I shouldn't admit to the fact that part of the reason it's in the bodyshop is because I reversed it into something! :lol: Still not to worry, reversing sensors are being fitted at the same time! :thumbs:

Mine has had the rear spats blended for 2 years+ and looks as fresh today as ever, i think they look pretty poor if they arent blended, at the risk of offending some people :dance:

you'll be very happy when its finished!

2+ years! Well that's about the best endorsement I'm going to get I think! :lol:

I went and had a word with them last night and the main concern they have is the amount of bog that has to be used. They don't really like to have to do that if they can help it as there's always the risk of cracking or warping due to temperature changes. The work they do is extremely good though so I'm sure it will be fine.

I went and had a look at the car last night and it's starting to look really good. There's still a fair few bits to be bolted on but it's starting to look like a Z again now. :) The colour scheme will be Audi Ibis white with gloss black highlights (door handles, headlights, wing mirror brackets, etc). I did have my doubts about not going for a metallic or pearl but now I've seen it I'm 100% happy. Can't wait! :yahoo:

I'd really like to paint the inside of my headlights too, but that involves removing the bumper and with my N2 copy it will be a mare!

Compared to splitting the headlights I reckon taking the bumper off will be easy! :lol: