Got a warm fuzzy feeling

Maccaman

Poppped to the shops on my way home tonight. On the way back to the car a couple of 10 year olds were coming away from the car in my direction. Conversation etc. went like this......

Is that your car.

Yes

Thats ace

Thanks, wait until you hear it.

At this point the 2 lads stand and wait. Started the car and gave it some beans. Their faces were a picture as they said wow! At this point one of them took a couple of pictures. I drove off with the warm fuzzy feeling, job done :thumbs: Future petrolheads?

One of the best things about attending shows is this sort of thing. Kids coming and looking and just letting them sit in it and have their picture taken - makes some kids days! Is easy to stand out next to some of the car clubs there though!! :headhurt::lol:

Was in the local pub the other night and one of the village youths was in drinking cider - we got talking about cars as you do (he's got his first car and is learning to drive at the moment). Then he asks "Have you seen that silver thing that drives through the village - that is one hell of a nice car. Looks and sounds gorgeous..must have cost a bomb" that kind of thing. At this point I mentioned it might be my mine he's seen and that's it - next day him and his mates are over at mine drooling over it and getting me to start it and begging rides etc. They left with the biggest smiles I've seen in ages :lol:

They still don't know what it is though.... or that it's only worth 12 grand!

I get the occasional hoodie wearing yoofs flicking me a 'gun' sign as i drive past them on my way out of Notts. At first i thought this was somekind of gang-sign and they were suggesting i was in somekind of trouble......then it clicked that they wanted me to 'gun' the engine. Clutch in - right foot down - thumbs up all round B)

I get the occasional hoodie wearing yoofs flicking me a 'gun' sign as i drive past them on my way out of Notts. At first i thought this was somekind of gang-sign and they were suggesting i was in somekind of trouble......then it clicked that they wanted me to 'gun' the engine. Clutch in - right foot down - thumbs up all round B)

Do you feel silly for ducking every time they shot you over the last year? :lol::lol:

I don't know why, but when people approach and start drooling over the car, I get an over whelming sense of embarrassment and merely want them to go away!