tyres worn on the inner edge?

jonty

Hi, just had my car MOTd and all was fine apart from the inside of the front tyres has worn a lot lower than the rest of the tyre. They checked the tracking on a v old tracking machine and said it was showing up as normal.... does anyone have any ideas? i have booked it in for a check on monday at a place called blackboots who do alignment etc and will see what they say. They said over the phone that it might be camber needs adjusting but were not sure if you can adjust it on a 350z? Has anyone had this prob before? :headhurt:

yup, everything is original... i even think the tyres are the same ones that came on the car from new, its an 04 car with 20k on the clock (its been in london its whole life i think!)

So from the factory the way the camber is set would make it wear on the inside edge more? I will be putting new rubbers on it asap but should i get camber adjusters or something?

Hi, just had my car MOTd and all was fine apart from the inside of the front tyres has worn a lot lower than the rest of the tyre. They checked the tracking on a v old tracking machine and said it was showing up as normal.... does anyone have any ideas? i have booked it in for a check on monday at a place called blackboots who do alignment etc and will see what they say. They said over the phone that it might be camber needs adjusting but were not sure if you can adjust it on a 350z? Has anyone had this prob before? :headhurt:

Just to be sure of what you said. both front inside worn/ how many miles on these and how bad? there is a natural tendency to wear the inside slightly than the outside due to the geo set up of the car anyway ;) the only time it should concern you is if this wear is excessive :scare:

Note: the OEM set up is -ve camber with a few secouns toe in. the front camber is not ajustable but toe is, so do a full laser alignment check. if this is normal and the same on each side then the issue could have been wrong preussures :p

Im not sure how many miles have been done on them as i only got the car a month ago :-) The inner edges are bald, the rest of the tyres have fair tred left. It seemed to me like the tyres are original as they are cracked and look pretty old.... i suppose ill get the laser check done on monday and see what they say. But i should not need to buy an after market camber kit to correct this?

I had more wear on the inner's of my front tyres compared to the rest ...

I've just had new tyres fitted this afternoon and am booked in for 4 wheel laser alignment on saturday ... Hopefully it will resolve the issue

:thumbs:

What tyres did you go for? if you dont mind me asking how much were they? im looking at the toyos.......

I went for the Falken 452's as I've read a lot of good reviews on them ...

I think they cost me £390 delivered from Camskill and then another £40 to have them fitted ...

I'm having the laser alignment done on Saturday and I'm expecting them to tell me that it's way off after looking at the tyres that just came off ...

How much are the Toyo's working out to?

Mine wore on the inside - it ended up being toe-out. Notts Laser Alignment got it on their rig and the cars toe settings were way out. All sorted now. Needed new fronts though because they had worn that much on the inner edge - the rest of the tyre had 3mm+ of tread grr! Potholes i reckon :rant:

This was an issue on earlier cars that was dealt with under warranty if i remember rightly. Mine was out of warranty. My original RE040 bridgestones were worn badly on the insides and i had horrendous road noise. Had it laser aligned and new falkens - no issue since.

This was an issue on earlier cars that was dealt with under warranty if i remember rightly. Mine was out of warranty. My original RE040 bridgestones were worn badly on the insides and i had horrendous road noise. Had it laser aligned and new falkens - no issue since.

Yup it was a tread pattern issue on the RE040's IIRC. New tyres usually sort it but worth having allignment and geometry checked is always a good idea :thumbs:

I cant wait! and i changed my mind again! i phoned camskills and i was going to order the falkens but they have run out! And wont be getting any in for a while.... so i went for a full set of vredestein ultrac sessantas B)

I have had t1rs before on a different car and r888s etc but never tried these ones so i thought i would give them a shot :) To be honest i think even running the car with no tyres on the rims would be an improvement over the bridgestones that are on it now!! They sound and feel terrible, plus are nearly illigal!

I cant wait! and i changed my mind again! i phoned camskills and i was going to order the falkens but they have run out! And wont be getting any in for a while.... so i went for a full set of vredestein ultrac sessantas B)

I have had t1rs before on a different car and r888s etc but never tried these ones so i thought i would give them a shot :) To be honest i think even running the car with no tyres on the rims would be an improvement over the bridgestones that are on it now!! They sound and feel terrible, plus are nearly illigal!

rtb will be along shortly to eulogise about Sesantas

LoL

Rtb will definitely vouch for them ...

I had the laser alignment done today and they found nothing wrong ... in fact it was more or less bang on already ...

So I'm now thinking that the previous owener must have had it corrected once the uneven tyre wear was evident...

In any case I'm going to keep a close eye on the tyres to see if they are wearing unevenly again ...