Rota Torque Drift 18 x 9.5 ET12 - Rubbing issues??

captain

I've just ordered these but subsequently read posts where people (Steady Zeddy) have suffered from rubbing issues and others (nrenz123) who have not.

I plan to lower the car using Eibach Pro Spring Kit which will take it down 30mm.

Tyres will be 275 on the back.

Any comments from wheel experts or people with experience of this set up? :thumbs:

Cannot wait till I see these on your car. :yahoo:

My car has been lowered using the eibach's, I could do with the eibach camber kit as mine is just outside the spec but I like my rear wheels looking slightly angled BUT if they were correctly adjusted and perfectly upright they would deferently rub the arche's. Been like this for over a year now and no prblems at all. :thumbs:

If i were you i would do the wheels and look into a set of BC coilovers. These are cheap and you can get an exact drop without the fear of it rubbing :thumbs:

£650. Cheap :scare:

Just spoken to Duncan at Toxic Rides who are sending the wheels. He has DEFINATELY recommended the ET30s and say the ET12s will cause problems with lowering and track days. He said a mixture of ET12, lowering and the Carousel at Nurburgring (he's been a few times) will not be good. :blackeye::blackeye:

Must say their service/knowledge sounded impeccable and would recommend them. They were £100 cheaper than Rare Rims on the Rotas.

http://www.toxicrides.co.uk/

Thanks Digsy.

I'm going to have them fitted and do the suspension improvements and then see how it looks. I'm definately tracking it this year and if it has to look 20% less B) but goes round corners better and/or doesn't rub, I'll stick with it.

Of course looking B) and going round corners like :cloud9: is the preferred option.

GM.

Getting advice from the suppliers that ET12 and lowered may be an issue but others saying it's fine. They've just taken the ET30s off the lorry as I'm not sure whehter to go 100% safe with the 30s but look less B) or go with the 12s and risk some rubbing.

Deal done on the ET12s.

Tyres coming from GT4 Zed. MPS2 - 275 rear 245 front.

Brakes coming from Nurrish. Front and rear Brembo Calipers, DBA 5000 discs on the front, DBA 4000 discs on the rear, Ferodo DS-2500 Brake Pads all round, Hel Carbon Brakes Lines

Suspension being investigated.

Bank manager :disguise: looking over shoulder.

Deal done on the ET12s.

the right choice :thumbs: I curbed my GT4 wheels in the carousel but not the wolfrace sharks alloys which i did clip lightly on adenau forst curb which is quite aggresive :scare: If you are worried about the wheels then avoid the curbs on the Ring and go off line in the carousel or kleine karousel and you will be fine. :lol:

Tyres coming from GT4 Zed. MPS2 - 275 rear 245 front.

B)

Brakes coming from Nurrish. Front and rear Brembo Calipers, DBA 5000 discs on the front, DBA 4000 discs on the rear, Ferodo DS-2500 Brake Pads all round, Hel Carbon Brakes Lines

bargain buy for all that ;)

Suspension being investigated.

BC racing will be a good buy new but i am sure alex can get you something used especially if you only do track days occasionally, you will need uprated ARBs and and camber kit at list to make the coilovers work well on track but it will be fine without for all round use :p

Bank manager :disguise: looking over shoulder.

ignore him :ninja:

Wow this is one hell of an over haul to your zed :teeth:

Of course there are the externals. Black aluminium mesh grille, Chargespeed rear bumper and diffuser, smoked rear lights, removal of burgers/side indicators, Nismo N1 spoiler in black and sunset..................

Maybe not all this week. :lol:

Oh.....and the exhaust and visit to Abbey.