Discovered another BOSE issue (not CD)

HEADPHONES

Many owners have the "skipping CD".

Lost count of the number of threads relating to this.

After 5 yrs of ownership I think I have discovered a FIRST.

"spitting cassette" :thumbdown:

I use the cassette adaptor for ipod connection, but recently, on initial start up the Bose spits the adaptor out repeatedly :rant:

It automatically cycles through side1 side2 then eject :doh:

After a few mins it'll take it again.

SO HAVE I DISCOVERED A FIRST? :yahoo:

If I hear of a local car audio place with 350z experiece I'll get off my backside and swap out the bose :bangin:

I just got one of those adapters for my 350z today and had the same issue. I sorted it by removing the three gears that are near the head of the tape, leave the ones that are in the middle. Still sounds rubbish due to the hiss but it works atleast.

Wohoo first post :p

I had the tape spit when I did mt ghetto mod, but it setteled down, thus I didn't thought is was worth mentioning.

It usually helps if some thing is playing on the tape adapter, because it seems to know if any music is played or not, hence if there is no audio on either side, it goes into tape puke mode

If it's swapping to "Side 2" and then spitting it out, it thinks the tape isn't moving.

Either the internal gears are too stiff and need a little oil/grease, or the rubber-edged wheel that drives the gears from the capstan is too smooth/greasy. Open it up and give it a service, but be careful as the cogs can go flying and it might take a while to figure out how it goes back together!

I bought a dirt cheap one and it was noisy as hell, so I opened it up and greased up all the gears. Now runs smooth and almost silent.

Many owners have the "skipping CD".

Lost count of the number of threads relating to this.

After 5 yrs of ownership I think I have discovered a FIRST.

"spitting cassette" :thumbdown:

I use the cassette adaptor for ipod connection, but recently, on initial start up the Bose spits the adaptor out repeatedly :rant:

It automatically cycles through side1 side2 then eject :doh:

After a few mins it'll take it again.

SO HAVE I DISCOVERED A FIRST? :yahoo:

If I hear of a local car audio place with 350z experiece I'll get off my backside and swap out the bose :bangin:

My phone was never spat out of the cassette player. :dry: