How can I achieve a look like this?

cfoster

Well its looking like i'll be coming back into Z ownership very soon after regrettably selling my last one.

I'd like to achieve this time a look that the yanks seem to do so well, but unsure what the best route to go suspension wise would be. I presume coilovers is the way for this but what else would be required to produce the kind of stance like the ones in the below pics? Wheels wise I will be buying some 18's or 19's, some love it some hate it but I do like the stretched tyre route so will be going this route. The car will never see a track so purely for road/street use.

untitled.jpg

z2.jpg

Any advice on what direction to go would be great.

Thanks

Chris

To be fair I doubt you'd achieve a stance that low in this country.

Our roads and access ways are appauling compared to the very flat roads etc that are in America.

Trust me, unless you put the car on air ride and roll the arches then it's possible.

I've got KW variant 2 coilovers, slammed as low as they will go, and I can't get over or drive into anything!!!!!! :blush::blush::blush:

cheers chaps, with air ride do I presume you mean air suspension? If so then not overly keen on going this way. With regards to the practicality of it the car is purely only a toy and is barely used so not overly fussed!!

Ian - what do you mean by coilovers (stance GR)?! When you say wide what sort of width am I looking at and what tyres? I will tackle the US forums tomorrow but want to have a bit of knowledge behind me!!!

Coilovers will be a must, and most preferably dual perch coilovers as that way you will not loose damper stroke travel when lowering.

MeisterR coilovers are on specials right now at £429, and that will do that stance.

The 350Z have alot of room in their suspension, so lowering the car isn't very hard.

I am also working on a new specification that will change the 350Z rear to a "true" dual perch coilovers by incorporating the springs back into the dampers.

This way you can adjust the ride height easily, and also separately adjust the spring pre-load if you do decide to corner weight the car.

MeisterR - thanks for the info mate, will these coilovers definitely give me that kind of ride height? Will I need to buy anything extra like rear arms etc etc? Also how easy are they to adjust ride height? Is it a case of jacking up and winding the coil up/down as per Gaz coilovers (had these on my track XR2).

Cheers

Chris

Remember you will almost certainly need to get the rear arches rolled and get some rear camber arms with at least some 19" wheels.

edit; mine is quite low and be warned it can be a real pain in the arse. I scrap on most B roads I go on, I can only get in one garage in the local area, rest I just ground out on and speed bumps are pretty much a no go, especially those split ones.

On the positive, motorways are great! (apart from near crewe services on the m6, I grind out there again) :lol:

Dan

MeisterR - thanks for the info mate, will these coilovers definitely give me that kind of ride height? Will I need to buy anything extra like rear arms etc etc? Also how easy are they to adjust ride height? Is it a case of jacking up and winding the coil up/down as per Gaz coilovers (had these on my track XR2).

Cheers

Chris

Yea, should not be a problem as there are alot of adjustment for the Z.

Rear arms are not required...but recommended if you don't want to chew up your tyres.

But if you look at those car... they run quite a bit of camber also.

Adjusting ride height is a case of jacking the car up and winding up and down the coil in most cases.

But the difference between the GAZ and the MeisterR Zeta is that the GAZ is single perch, therefore you loose travel as you wind the coil down.

On the MeisterR coilovers, it is a dual perch design so you wind the lower bracket UP into the damper and effectively shorten the damper.

This design mean lowering the car will not loose any damper travel, and therefore retaining a good ride and avoid bottoming out the dampers.

Ah I see what you mean regarding the differences between the two now!!

With the camber what are my options? (my knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to suspension!).

I've bought the Z now so will work out money's etc (just paid over £1200 for a new lounge floor!!!!) and hopefully get a set ordered from you next week!

With the camber what are my options? (my knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to suspension!).

The eibach Camber kit is the most popular kit on here...CS or Envy will be able to sort you out with the kit...should be around £160 from what I remember :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at wheels that would be available in a +12 offset and clear brembos ... would this require arch work?

Also on this subject on what tyre sizes would I need to give a good look with a bit of a stretch for 19" wheels staggered fitment at 9 front and 10 rear?

The car would be lowered 30mm on Eibach pro kit ...

I am looking at wheels that would be available in a +12 offset and clear brembos ... would this require arch work?

Also on this subject on what tyre sizes would I need to give a good look with a bit of a stretch for 19" wheels staggered fitment at 9 front and 10 rear?

The car would be lowered 30mm on Eibach pro kit ...

12 offset is good, as is 30mm lower BUT stretched tyres are just :yuck: looks like you are a chav and can't afford a decent width tyre to fit your wheels (in my opinion)