Pirelli P Zero vs P Zero Rosso - difference?

H5

OK, it is tyre time and as far as I can work out there are only a few brands / models of tyres that are matching sets...

Toyo Proxes T1-R

Michelin Pilot Sport

Bridgestone RE-040 or 050

Continental Contact Sport 3

Falken FK452

Vredstein (somethings)

Sure there are a couple of others I have missed......

I went to a local tyre supplier who races a bit and he asked why not the combination front to rear in the title. Having had a look on t'internet I can't see any obvious difference apart from a name.

So, is this some branding thing?

Or is there a mis match between these?

Cheers......

i used to have them on the front of my old wheels, if you look on my for sale thread there is a small difference in the tread pattern to the normal p zeros, i think there excellent though! i will def be getting another set :thumbs:

So Russ are you running the Zero front, Zero Rosso rear?

I like the Toyos but am thinking of trying something different.....

Should have said I'm still on the 18" Rays. Aren't yours 19's Wayne?

if your trying something new, then try the sessantas ;)

i was running rosso's all round untill i had to change the rears, i went for 040's after and didnt like them as much, im on a set of toyo's at the moment which were on the wheels when i bought them and there not bad!

heres some pics of what i can figure out as the only difference, maybe its a different compound of rubber? :shrug:

heres the rosso

pirelli-pzero-rosso-asimmetrico-2.jpg

and heres the normal one

pirelli-pzero.jpg

if you want to spend some big £££ go for the pzero corsa's

Yokohama V103 Sport (asymmetric) - if they come in the right sizing over there. Fantastic traction dry & wet, nice stiff sidewall, come stock on quite a few high performance European cars. Quieter than the stock type RE040's. Tyres seem to cope well with our horrid roads here too, so that's saying something.

http://www.yokohama.co.nz/advan_sport.html

Looks like there is some difference between those tread patterns.

My concern is I like the handling of the car as it is, and don't have the desire or talent to introduce a change to it! Looks like it may be another set of Toyos unless anyone can convince me the money Michelin want is worth it..... :shrug:

If you are happy with the Toyo's stick with them Rob. The only reason I would step up to more expensive tyres is (a) I have the money to burn or (B) not happy with current ones in terms of performance. I know some people say the Toyo tyre wall is a bit soft and MPS are regarded as the best tyre for the car.

Personally I wouldnt mix different types of tyres front to rear, even if they are the same brand, they have different tread and will have different compounds I would guess. I'd stick with the Toyos over that :thumbs:

That's kinda what I'm thinking. Tyre wall is only too soft if you're a fat lad anyway..... :p:lol:

honestly if your looking at changing, try the sessantas off camskills the vredesteins are the same price as the toyo's but are a big improvement over the toyo, well worth a try, i think you'll prefer them, not found anyone complain about them yet on this forum.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. Tyre wall is only too soft if you're a fat lad anyway..... :p:lol:

honestly if your looking at changing, try the sessantas off camskills the vredesteins are the same price as the toyo's but are a big improvement over the toyo, well worth a try, i think you'll prefer them, not found anyone complain about them yet on this forum.

My sessantas just came today, they better be good Rich or there will be trouble :boxing::lol::thumbs:

My concern is I like the handling of the car as it is, and don't have the desire or talent to introduce a change to it! Looks like it may be another set of Toyo's unless anyone can convince me the money Michelin want is worth it..... :shrug:

In my book higher performancing tyres are always worth it. They're the only thing connecting you to the road. For instance, even though I enjoy driving my car, the traction light extremely rarely comes on, the tyres are that good even in the wet, even playing. Much better than the GS-D3's. Don't get me started on the RE040's. :headhurt:

Pirelli Zero's are good, but having had then on different vehicles, not that fussed, plus it's a steal item, well it is here as they're more expensive than the Yoko's.

What do they rush you for a set of Michelin's (Pilot's I'm presuming) over there?

That may have some bearing. Ultimately the firmer the sidewall is the better the cornering.

Whatever you go with, put the same thing all round Rob. ;)

Where are all the tyre sponsors when we need them????

Well the Toyos have always served me very well on road and on the track they do go off but I don't do that seriously enough to buy track focussed tyres when most of the driving is on the road! Always have had same all round since my old wet weather oversteer issues I dialled into my old Volvo :lol::drive1

I run Rosso on rear and Assymetric on front - great tyres and I can get them for £75each on a 17" :ninja:

Thats because you drive Noddy's car with tiny wheels :p

I know :blush:

Its on my mod list.....Coilovers first, wheels next (in time for the summer) :teeth: