Wheel rim tape?

Woody

Hi all, I've just come back from Romax (Local wheel refurb place). I asked for a quote to get my wheels refurbished, sprayed gloss black and the rims doing orange. The bloke said that they could not do the rim and suggested using rim tape, what all the motor bikers use. Which I believe is this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10mm-Wheel-Rim-De ... 45f108d13e

Has anybody had any experience of using this? If its crap I'm thinking of DIYing the rim?

Cheers Woody :thumbs:

Did it on my R6, and it does look good. You need patience and a steady hand to do it though as you need to keep the curve smooth around the wheel. Deffo a wheel off job to do it neatly. Also might not last that long if your car is a daily driver.

I used it on nmy last car and it looked really nice, as said above it's best gwetting the wheel off to do it as a steady hand and ltos of patience are required!

Also, keep some spare strips for repairs as they look crap if a little bit gets scrapped off.

I've got a reel of red tape from when I damaged my wheels, I couldnt get it to stick to the rim in a decent shape & its flourescent so when the light shines on it at night it glows :lol:

ive used rim tape an turned out perfectly, far easyer to do when your wheels are off lol. just need to take your time and make sure the line stays good and smooth all the way around, my mate saw mine and tried to copy it but did a really crap job with the line and looked awful, he did remove it soon after tho,

mine was just red tho, when i get my lips painted on the wheels i have at the moment i want some reflective red rim tape