Husky

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for the front are 265's ok? :wacko:

basically the way i see it is... (guesswork)

if i have 10.5 wide rims at the back thats 267mm wide. with 295mm wide tyres makes a rough overhang of 14mm (28mm/2)

so if i have 9.5 (241mm) wide rims at the front to get the tyres to sit in the same way as the back. 265mm wide tyres will create a 12mm (24/2) overhang, similar to the back.

if i do what others have and go for a 245 at the front that means the front will sit flush meaning the back and front wont match. so two solutions to keep them matching, go up to 265 on the front or go down to 275 at the back.

can anyone tell me if im talking utter rubbish?

dont know if this random paint drawing i have done helps... i suppose by overhang i mean sidewall bulge

post-4823-135011876139_thumb.jpg

for the front are 265's ok? :wacko:

basically the way i see it is... (guesswork)

if i have 10.5 wide rims at the back thats 267mm wide. with 295mm wide tyres makes a rough overhang of 14mm (28mm/2)

so if i have 9.5 (241mm) wide rims at the front to get the tyres to sit in the same way as the back. 265mm wide tyres will create a 12mm (24/2) overhang, similar to the back.

if i do what others have and go for a 245 at the front that means the front will sit flush meaning the back and front wont match. so two solutions to keep them matching, go up to 265 on the front or go down to 275 at the back.

can anyone tell me if im talking utter rubbish?

dont know if this random paint drawing i have done helps... i suppose by overhang i mean sidewall bulge

[attachment=0]rim.JPG[/attachment]

That's seems to be extremely clear to me :wave: but I am reading this upside down :blush:

:lol::lol: good good, so does it seem right? i know im talking about something that i have never seen mentioned but the more i look at peoples cars the more i see this miss matched sidewall thing.

its like having the front stretched and the back normal its obviously wrong.

:lol::lol: good good, so does it seem right? i know im talking about something that i have never seen mentioned but the more i look at peoples cars the more i see this miss matched sidewall thing.

I'd say having the back stretched and the front normal would look more wrong personally!

To see how certain tyres look on wheels, a good resource I use is www.rimtuck.com

Just shoot in a tyre size and rim width and someone will probably running something similar. Although it's more of a stretch resource tbh as a lot of the cars posted are pretty flashy. I tried looking for a 17x11 with a 275/40 and nobody was running that... Lots of people with 18s/19s/20s though so you'll probably find what you're looking for ;)

I'd say having the back stretched and the front normal would look more wrong personally!

To see how certain tyres look on wheels, a good resource I use is http://www.rimtuck.com

Just shoot in a tyre size and rim width and someone will probably running something similar. Although it's more of a stretch resource tbh as a lot of the cars posted are pretty flashy. I tried looking for a 17x11 with a 275/40 and nobody was running that... Lots of people with 18s/19s/20s though so you'll probably find what you're looking for ;)

thats brilliant thanks!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

in this case it would be the opposite, the back wouldnt be stretched it would buldge ever so slightly and the front would be normal :) so i figure i need the front to buldge slightly to make it look right :)

in this case it would be the opposite, the back wouldnt be stretched it would buldge ever so slightly and the front would be normal :) so i figure i need the front to buldge slightly to make it look right :)

Different tyre makes stretch differently as well ;) I don't know what manufacturer you're planning on running but it varies quite a bit. The Falkens on the Blitz wheels sat on my S13 were pretty stretched when they had a 215/40 on an 8J, but another manufacturer might look a little more square. A friend of mine is running 205 Maxxis (I think!) on an 8J on his 323 and they don't look particularly stretched... the 215 Falkens looked MUCH more stretched than they do :)

Hi John, just saw this now if not i would have come to your aid a longtime ago :lol:

This is my forte you know B)

From what i gather you want to go 19":

19x 9.5 in front and 19x 10.5 at rears :thumbs:

your question is what offsets to go for and what tyre size to get the flushed look correct and at the same time having a matched front to rear visual profile correct :surrender:

this is easy and this is what i tried to explain mucho times when getting partworns for peolpe here :rant:

Anyway tell me if this is correct and we will take it from there :D

My advice in anycase will be 245/35/19 on 19x9.5 in front and 295/30/19 on 19x10.5. A wider front tyre - 265/30/19 will also be fine and more front end grip but is not necessary to potter around like you do :p .

What you need to clarify is if you are planning lowering or not :p As this will determine how aggresive you want to be on the ET or the tyre or both!

245/35/19 and 275-285/30/ will be great on 9 and 10" wide wheels and not have any issues if the car is left OEM height! you also can go uber aggresive on the ET as you have more leeway :snack:

Also if you have to decide if you will be prepareed to roll the arch or get least rear camber/toe adjustability.

Have a look at this for an example of how aggressive you can go and keep the profile visually matched in a stock car :thumbs: FYI those wheels are 18x9.5 with ET12 front and rear but tyres are staggered 245/45/18 and 275/40/18. He could have gone with thinner profile if he wanted. i still think that lowering wil pull the look off better :)

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=34287