A Grounding in Noise

Dicky

Well I’ve got to admit to being a bit, no a lot, gob smacked. Just fitted my home made grounding kit and got back from a test drive. What can I say, it’s bloody amazing (apologies if that s to strong for the forum) but it really is. All because of a few bits of wire.

Not only is the tick over smooth but the acceleration is beautifully smooth. Can you believe it; I’ve thought about doing the mod for 2 yrs now. I wasnt fully convinced. What a waste of time.

I might be mistaken but its got to have added at least 150mph to the top end and knocked 5.9sec off the 0 to 60. Its after 6pm now but Im sure the suns just coming up over the hill and the birds are starting to sing. Sorry getting carried away.

Anyone who hasn’t done it yet don’t muck about, get it done, it’s well worth it.

:yahoo::thumbs::teeth:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I’ve got to admit to being a bit, no a lot, gob smacked. Just fitted my home made grounding kit and got back from a test drive. What can I say, it’s bloody amazing (apologies if that s to strong for the forum) but it really is. All because of a few bits of wire.

Not only is the tick over smooth but the acceleration is beautifully smooth. Can you believe it; I’ve thought about doing the mod for 2 yrs now. I wasnt fully convinced. What a waste of time.

I might be mistaken but its got to have added at least 150mph to the top end and knocked 5.9sec off the 0 to 60. Its after 6pm now but Im sure the suns just coming up over the hill and the birds are starting to sing. Sorry getting carried away.

Anyone who hasn’t done it yet don’t muck about, get it done, it’s well worth it.

So where can I buy a kit from gentlemen?

Thanks

Neil

Thanks

Neil

PM Spill!!!!! Worth every penny :thumbs:

Thanks

Neil

PM Spill!!!!! Worth every penny :thumbs:

PM'd :D

Awaiting reply.

Thanks Sarnie

Neil

Why not make your own?

The cable I used is 25mmTri rated. It has 0.89 ohms/1000 meters and approx 200 strands. You can get other cable with more strands but I believe that only makes it more flexible. The main thing you need is low resistance. I believe Spills cable has around 1000 strands but has the same resistance. Anyway mine works fine.

You need 5 pieces

1 off = 16â€

Ive got to go out just now so wont be able to help until tomorrow. Ill post more info then. I got my info from the old site but in the mean time try a search on this site, it might be here somewhere

Cheers Dicky

I dont have photos to hand but heres a descriptive if it helps.

* All positional information is when standing at the front of the engine bay

* All you need is a 10mm combination spanner although a 10mm socket is handy in one or two positions.

First remove the black plastic engine cover (4x bolts)

Unclip the battery cover

The bolt positions are as follows

1 At the back of the aluminium air intake manifold are two tapped 6mm holes. One on the RHS the other on the LHS

2 At the LHS front of the air intake manifold is a dark coloured bolt, which secures a harness bracket. It’s mounted just under the black plastic engine cover when fitted.

3 There is another 6mm tapped hole more or less at the front centre of the engine, just below the air intake manifold and below a grey wiring harness tube

4 Another bolt mounted on the left side of the engine and under the bonnet switch (rubber boot) mounting bracket. Attaches the factory fitted ground wire to the body. The switch bracket has to be taken off to gain access by removing its two securing bolts.

5 The last bolt position is on the negative terminal of the battery. You don’t need to remove the terminal clamp only its securing nut.

Installation

6 Connect the 32â€