A Grounding in Noise

Dicky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since I swapped my plenum back for the old alumium one, i have felt (apart from loss of torque and hp :dry: ) also a better engine smothness, possibly dut to the plenum now earthing properly, which the kinetix wouldn't do as it was plastic...

Heard anything fro Kinetix Val??

I haven’t seen Chesterfield’s installation method before and would say its got the makings of being the best.

I’ve had a bit of experience with electrical noise, however I’m by no means and expert. The general theory is to earth all metal surfaces within the area of the main noise source. I believe that metal surfaces help to radiate the noise especially where sharp edges are formed. When computers are built into electrical noisy environments the best practice is to have a central earth. That’s to say one point to where all metal surfaces and all 0v (battery –ve) wires are ran to and connected to ground.

It’s obviously not practical to earth all metal surfaced but I see the sense in doing the larger ones.

since I swapped my plenum back for the old alumium one, i have felt (apart from loss of torque and hp :dry: ) also a better engine smothness, possibly dut to the plenum now earthing properly, which the kinetix wouldn't do as it was plastic...

Heard anything fro Kinetix Val??

yeah I'm getting a new V4, will post up when i get the whole thing sorted.