A Grounding in Noise

Dicky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the installation the same for JDM models?

Don't know for definite,,, but i'd say so ;)

Thanks Liam. Maybe give it a go then.

I've posted my own threads about this in the past.... Very sceptical at first but after a year of ownership then fitment I noticed the difference straight away :)

For 60 quid put it this way, you don't see any benefits from it someone else will buy it off you for at least £45 ;)

Is the installation the same for JDM models?

yep indentical Jim :thumbs:

Wonder why you didn't feel any difference then?

Dunno , just didnt feel the force :teeth: was wanting to be impressed with it; but as I have said before ,perhaps mine was well earthed anyway ;)

surely too many wires going onto the top right place??? I have only 1 there :lol:

get outta here ...show me a pic :p

No bloody wonder, too busy buying anything with a zed on it from fleabay :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Sarnie if your kit doesnt look the same as mine, you've got it on upside down...AGAIN!! :p

As The Minel says, the only difference I can see to mine is that you have 6 wires. The info I worked off has 5. The additional wire you have looks as if it may go from the back RHS intake connection to the front passenger side of the engine bay. It looks like it connects to the body near the head light? I don’t believe this would make much difference though, in fact you’d think it would improve matters.

If you cant notice a difference then either your engine doesnt generate noise, one or more wires isnt conducting, or may be insulted from the connection some how poss by paint or lacquer

Funny fing electrickery :blush:

I was lucky enough to get my hands on Kevs HKS Circle Earth kit, I have to say I certainly think it has smoothed the car out in lower revs certainly.

With this and the new oil, the car feels an awful lot smother throughout the rev range.

The HKS has one lead which goes to a single central point then has five seperate leads going to the various points, with only the top left plenum connection not going directly back to the central connection, that one goes to join the earthing connection toward the bottom left of the plenum.

Plus all the ends are gold plated and the nice little HKS circle is too :teeth: Cant beat a bit of bling.