Am i better off

V88 REG

i remember reading a post on here, an 06 airbox and aftermarket panel filter give some of the best gains?

Not sure the difference between <06 and >06 airboxes - im sure one of the wise modded peeps will be along to say for sure?

Mines standard so i can't say from experience. :thumbs:

I did a couple of dyno runs at TDI North with my 53 plate last week which I'll get posted up in the other thread as soon as get chance. First run was stock apart from a Blueflame cat back exhaust and it made 284BHP IIRC. Swapped out the airbox for an 06+ airbox and it made 291BHP with a torque increase too. The same Cosworth panel filter was used for both tests.

Just goes to show the 06+ intake is a big improvement over the pre 06 one, despite the small physical difference between them. I'd imagine the Blueflame has given me some extra too but I didn't get a dyno prior to fitting that unfortunately.

taken from this thread

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040&hilit=06+airbox+difference

:clap:

Surprisingly enough, most std air-boxes (with a few exceptions) fitted with a decent free flow panel filter, are far better for several reasons, they usually have some form of heat insulation even if it is only plastic, and they all have an outside the engine compartment air feed.

its why i use the typhoon system from K&N, closest simulation to a stock air box.

sealed box, with an out of the engine bay air feed

Surprisingly enough, most std air-boxes (with a few exceptions) fitted with a decent free flow panel filter, are far better for several reasons, they usually have some form of heat insulation even if it is only plastic, and they all have an outside the engine compartment air feed.

its why i use the typhoon system from K&N, closest simulation to a stock air box.

Its hardly sealed Rich! There are some wacking holes in the bottom!

:lol:

i filled mine

:lol:

i filled mine

What with?