350z and baby seats

Mark-UK

Seriously don't do it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _19074360/

Even disabled air-bags can potentially go off in a crash, it's just not worth the risk IMHO

the link refers to an article from 13 years ago about a woman who did not secure a child seat to the seat in anyway - hardly reflective of this situation.

Personally if I had a child, which I don't, then I doubt I'd risk it. But on the other hand the recaro child seat does look B)

Hi im still unsureas to what to do on this, can I place my 18 month old niece in my 350z roadster yet with a car seat?

If she is 18 months old she has a forward facing seat right? There are no problems putting a forward facing seat in the front airbag or not, its rear facing seats (very small babies) that you cannot put up front without disabling airbags.

If an airbag did go off then naturally there are risks, however with any accident there are dangers unfortunately, best solution is don't crash :D

Personally I wouldn't have an issue putting my 3.5 year old in the front.

Anthony.

Seriously don't do it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _19074360/

Even disabled air-bags can potentially go off in a crash, it's just not worth the risk IMHO

the link refers to an article from 13 years ago about a woman who did not secure a child seat to the seat in anyway - hardly reflective of this situation.

Personally if I had a child, which I don't, then I doubt I'd risk it. But on the other hand the recaro child seat does look B)

Jesus thats nasty! Thats put me right off! I would think a car seat would provide a fair bit of protection from an air bag though.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys hope your all having happy motoring, im still unsure what to do regarding a baby seat in my 2 seat 350z convertible, my niece is 2 and a half now and my best mate and its a pain not being able o take her in my car, anyone managed to do anything regarding this. I dont want to turn passenger air bags off incase anything happens with an adult in it.

Here's a guide to what you can do and can't do.

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/sccwebsite/s ... endocument

Seems that once a child reaches 13kg they can by law go into a forward facing child seat, airbag or no airbag. I'm not sure of the wisdom of this though as it also states that they should go into rear facing seats till the age of 4 (but not a legal requirement)

Pete

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...