Tonneau Cover

Dicky

I’ve been thinking of getting a tonneau cover. So today I picked up the phone to order one and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn’t realy know why I wanted it. If Im honest it’s just because most car sale adverts seem to include this accessory, so I thought Id better get one.

I sat in the car and look at where it will fit and for the life of me I can’t see any advantage to it. So, can anyone who has one fitted explain the advantages please. :headhurt:

Cheers Dicky

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

travesty that Nissan make you pay extra for one really :angry:

It's easy to make your own. And it does cut down road noise. :thumbs:

how did you fasten yours in place Jim?

I followed the design illustrated in that American website that featured in a few posts back in May. (www.350zpartitions.com)

The result is a snug fit - you simply push it into place from the rear and it stays firmly in place. Mine has stayed put even after the golf clubs have bashed against it a few times!

Jim

travesty that Nissan make you pay extra for one really :angry:

It's easy to make your own. And it does cut down road noise. :thumbs:

how did you fasten yours in place Jim?

I followed the design illustrated in that American website that featured in a few posts back in May. (www.350zpartitions.com)

The result is a snug fit - you simply push it into place from the rear and it stays firmly in place. Mine has stayed put even after the golf clubs have bashed against it a few times!

Jim

HHmmm sounds better than the Genuine Nissan item then, , just some weedy brackets that flex like buggery :blush:

It sits in the larger arch towards the rear of the car and rests up against the smaller arch, more or less. I'll try to find the pictures I posted about it before and put them back up.

Jim

I know exactly what your saying although others probably don't - pic's would be good :thumbs:

Mines in the smaller arch and works fine imo,,, yours sounds better tho ;)