Carbon Bonnet Swap - No longer available

Andy

I am putting this up to see if anyone would be interested in a swap deal.

I currently have an N-Style Carbon Bonnet that I purchased from Jeff at EPRacing and I am looking to swap it for a "Bulge" bonnet plus £350. The swap would have to be done at my place in Crawley, West Sussex as my Z is currently SORN and I really don't want to ship them both due to size, weight and liklyhood of damage!

My bonnet is in very good condition with only two marks on it. The first is at the front of the bonnet (see picture) where something has scuffed it slightly but it is only in the clear coat so will most likely polish out. I will attempt this when I get a spare half hour this week as I am confident it will clean up ok, just haven't had time to do it so far. It also has a small crack in the clear coat by one of the vents which it came with. Again, I am pretty sure this could be cut back and redone but it's not something I want to dabble with myself in case I make it worse!!

It has an adjustable front latch so the height the bonnet sits at can be adjusted to the required height and is secured to the bonnet hinges by the standard two bolts each side. Your oem bolts are suitable to use with this.

At the moment, I only have one of the vent covers on as my lid on my K&N was catching on the otherside but the other cover is included in the swap/sale and the cover will fit with an open filter or oem airbox.

As far as I know there are only a handful of these in the country and imo it is the nicest looking carbon bonnet out there. I am looking for the swap as now my car is matt black and smoothed, I just don't feel the car flows well with the gloss carbon and vents which is why I am looking for a smooth oem bulge bonnet. I am not sure if this bonnet will fit above the new engine but I see no reason why it wouldn't, I just haven't seen it done before.

I am looking for a bulge bonnet that is in medium to good condition. I am not worried about stone chips as I will be cutting it back and respraying it anyway but obviously, the less the better! However, it can't be dented or damaged.

Pictures......

The bonnet

SNV33339.jpg

SNV33341.jpg

SNV33351.jpg

SNV33346.jpg

Crack in clearcoat

SNV33342.jpg

SNV33343.jpg

Scratch on front

SNV33347.jpg

SNV33344.jpg

Nearside cover

SNV33348.jpg

Underside

SNV33349.jpg

Cheers Dan, have to agree as well, the fitment is spot on, no silly, dodgy panel gaps anywhere. :thumbs: Thing is, if someone is going to come from any distance to have a look or actually do the deal, I want them to know what they are looking at before committing to outlaying for fuel etc. I know for a fact that if I travelled a distance for something to find out it was fubar'd i'd be pretty narked!!

DUDE!!!!! i offered to buy nurrish's bulge hood the other month and swop you for yours!!!! did you not get the pm? i just assumed you wernt interested. If you fancy selling it to then buy an 07 bulge let me know I dont mind the travel to collect and as I have a van ;)

WHAT IS WITH EVERYTHING LOOKING 'SICK' TODAY

You chavs!

Peace out

Dan

Dunno I heard some Kids say it, they must be cool, they had wheely boards and their trousers were down past their ass...im down with the kids you know.

:lol:

I think you should just paint the cf matt black, it looks sick with the vents :evil:

You are the evil side of the force!! Must resist!! :lol:

Yeh!!!! Paint it and then leave the vents carbon!!

I was thinking this too....do it!!!

R

are you sure a Carbon bonnet will clear an HR engine?

I can't say 100% as I haven't seen it done but if you look at my carbon bonnet, it does have a bulge in it already and there looks like there would be space on the underside as well. I have been trawling the forums trying to find something but to no avail.

are you sure a Carbon bonnet will clear an HR engine?

I can't say 100% as I haven't seen it done but if you look at my carbon bonnet, it does have a bulge in it already and there looks like there would be space on the underside as well. I have been trawling the forums trying to find something but to no avail.

my guess is the bulge has to adhere to H&S from the manufacture, in the case of hitting a pedestrian there has to be a certain amount of cleance between external panels and sold parts i.e the engine.

my guess is that it should fit, but with less clearance than OEM, which shouldn't be a problem as it only has to adhere to H&S when sold from the manufacturer. and not to aftermarket parts.

my guess is the bulge has to adhere to H&S from the manufacture, in the case of hitting a pedestrian there has to be a certain amount of cleance between external panels and sold parts i.e the engine.

my guess is that it should fit, but with less clearance than OEM, which shouldn't be a problem as it only has to adhere to H&S when sold from the manufacturer. and not to aftermarket parts.

I agree, it would make sense. I've just been in the garage looking at mine and trying to compare it to pictures I have of the HR engine and the more I think about it, the more I think it's either not going to fit or it's going to catch on something so to save any complications, I am going to pull this thread and consider my options. I have Plan A which I might try this weekend or B which is I will buy a used/new bulge bonnet then sell my carbon bonnet seperatley to avoid any complications.