Air vent trim stickers no longer available?..help!

ms8qt

I just noticed that JDM no longer have any silver air vent trim stickers available, only carbon fibre effect :( Does anyone know why they've stopped making/selling silver ones? More importantly, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a set somewhere else?

I've tried using the official alumiunium trims from Nissan twice in the past (bending them appropriately first) and eventually the passenger side one has always become unstuck, I think because the previous owner had the same issue and had tried to resolve it by using some kind of ultra strong clear glue (which I haven't been able to get off completely and therefore means the surface isn't as flat or clean as it was originally).

Any help, ideas, web links, etc would be most welcome!

Thanks, Mark.

Thanks for the reply. I saw those on eBay earlier but they're actual aluminium ones and, based on my experiences so far, I'm sure I'll have the same problem.

I either need to find a way to remove the clear glue that has well and truly bonded and solidified where the vent trims fit or I need sticker versions like the ones JDM sold.

It's a really irritating thing to have to fix and the unfortunate thing is that I also have a few other annoying things to sort out...

- air bag light now flashes all the time...maybe a lose wire?

- seat belt pivot at the top squeaks...wd40? open the covering and check for seat belt twists?

- passenger door dropped...needs a new hinge!

If the car wasn't such a great drive I think I would have sold it by now. Build quality doesn't seem a patch on my previous BMW 330 M-sport coupe :(

Mark.

Thanks for the reply. I saw those on eBay earlier but they're actual aluminium ones and, based on my experiences so far, I'm sure I'll have the same problem..

I understand what you are saying but aren't the ally ones supposed to replace the oem not be glued over the top of them. I think it's a dash off job to fit them

Thanks for the reply. I saw those on eBay earlier but they're actual aluminium ones and, based on my experiences so far, I'm sure I'll have the same problem..

I understand what you are saying but aren't the ally ones supposed to replace the oem not be glued over the top of them. I think it's a dash off job to fit them

I think nurrish has my old aluminium ones in his garage somewhere - may be worth a PM?

The aluminium ones only stick over the top of the black plastic - I hated them TBH thats why I took mine off :blush:

The glue is an absolute b**ch to remove - I'm still peeling the glue away a year on :lol: