Itunes help required

ive been using itunes for a while but in a basic way, ie buying/downloading tunes and copying cds.

Anyway I asked my mate to copy a few albums for me. He came round last night with one disc 'dvd' with about 10 albums on it. I thought I could just copy the disc to itunes but it wont. It plays through Itunes when the disc is in the lappy but as soon as i take the disc out it stops.....

:bangin:

Ive looked to see if theres any 'copy to itunes' options but can't see anything, im sure its simples but ive not had music in this format before and ive been looking for hours now.... the only way I think I can do it is to burn the albums on to another cd and copy the cd to itunes but im hoping there is a simpler way ????

Any help would be most appreciated :)

:thumbs:

you could always open the dvd(going through my computer), then select all the files and copy them. paste them into a folder like 'Music' in my documents. Open itunes but make sure you can still see the folder your music is in and drag them into your itunes music list.

it can be in any folder. i have music scattered about my pc. another way you could do it would be copy the files to a folder. open itunes, click on file then 'add folder to library'. but remember dont move the music once you have added them to your playlist.

good comparison between the beemer and the apple :lol: both crap :lol::p:p

the reason i wouldnt buy an iphone is the way apple have designed it to pull you into the brand.

if i buy an iphone....

i need to convert all my music to itunes, not hard.. BUT converting it back! no, not so easy! therefore i am stuck with the apple product or i lose loads of music :thumbdown:

works a million times better with a mac... i dont want a mac :shrug: so why should i feel that i should buy one just so my expensive phone can operate fully? i would think its full potential should be realised without buying into more of the brand.

marketing, it is a very well marketed piece of kit. To the point it is a must have, personally i am not a band wagon person and like to be a bit different. thats a personal choice for not buying one btw ;)

it'll break... the inevitable, much like buying an xbox360. i would bet my right testicle that it breaks pretty early on, everyone i know has gone through at least one iphone due to a manufacturer defect. i would love to see the return/repair statistics on iphones.

anyway :lol: i'm off to put ubuntu on my computer, hop in the zed, drive on the right and drink pepsi :thumbs:

:teeth:

the reason i wouldnt buy an iphone is the way apple have designed it to pull you into the brand.

if i buy an iphone....

i need to convert all my music to itunes, not hard.. BUT converting it back! no, not so easy! therefore i am stuck with the apple product or i lose loads of music :thumbdown:

works a million times better with a mac... i dont want a mac :shrug: so why should i feel that i should buy one just so my expensive phone can operate fully? i would think its full potential should be realised without buying into more of the brand.

marketing, it is a very well marketed piece of kit. To the point it is a must have, personally i am not a band wagon person and like to be a bit different. thats a personal choice for not buying one btw ;)

it'll break... the inevitable, much like buying an xbox360. i would bet my right testicle that it breaks pretty early on, everyone i know has gone through at least one iphone due to a manufacturer defect. i would love to see the return/repair statistics on iphones.

anyway :lol: i'm off to put ubuntu on my computer, hop in the zed, drive on the right and drink pepsi :thumbs:

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

carp-love.jpg

Somehow I new you'd take the bait :lol::lol::lol:

if i buy an iphone....

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

carp-love.jpg

Somehow I new you'd take the bait :lol::lol::lol:

:teeth::teeth::teeth::fishslap:

HUSKY !!!!!

:nono:

Stop hijacking my thread and complaining about the almighty :notworthy: Iphone FFS

:lol::lol:

Its a fantastic phone man.... I reckon someone at Apple must have done something indecent sexually to you :shutup:

Everyone else... thanks for your help, I will try and figure it out when I finish work :bose:

PS... Do you have SKY TV ???? Ive had about 5 boxes in 10 years but :shrug: whatever !! I love SKY Sports

i can't work out how people break stuff so easily.

still on my original xbox, now 3 years old

still on my original sky box, now 2 years old

stil got my original iphone 3g, now 13 months old

Your not manly like me.... I break things LIKE A MAN !!!!!! Its my right :D

:lol::lol::lol: