wrightster

All tree fiddies have xenons. The facelifts have much larger xenon headlight projectors (the sphere shaped glass lense within the whole headlight cluster). Within the front headlights themselves they also have 4 orange LEDs replacing an orange reflector running down the side, present on the older models. Of course they also have rear LED clusters. Same shape, but distinguished by the multiple lights within the cluster, rather than a single bulb.

Facelift

4833-043-headlight-480.jpg

Pre-facelift

1790-043-headlight-480.jpg

If it's got the latter, then it's not a facelift!

ok :) well my car is an 06 plate, it has xeon headlights, but no rear LED's so i'm not sure what it is lol

its an 06 same as mine.

the changes came with the 56 reg plate ;)

Ok, so what BHP would I have? is there a way to find out without a rolling road haha (what should it be?)

ok :) well my car is an 06 plate, it has xeon headlights, but no rear LED's so i'm not sure what it is lol

its an 06 same as mine.

Ok, so what BHP would I have? is there a way to find out without a rolling road haha (what should it be?)

YES

If you have facelift headlights/rearlights (as per my previous post) you have 296. If you don't, you have 276.

Simples!

its an 06 same as mine.

Sounds like the limited edition 450BHP version :) Lucky boy :thumbs:

The earlier 276bhp model actually has a fair bit more torque than the 296bhp model and also more than the newest 306bhp "HR" model. The 296bhp onward model does have a slightly nicer interior (although they are very similar - few bits of extra silver trim which is a nice touch) but performance wise there is very little between it and the 276bhp on the road. This is due to the higher torque in the earlier model but slightly less bhp - whereas the 296 model has more bhp but less torque so both cancel each other out. Round town some say the extra torque in the 276 model makes it feel better. Mine was recently on a rolling road totally standard and made a whopping 290lbs/ft. Factory figures are only guides and every car is different. You'd only really see the difference top end where the higher bhp would allow the 296 model to edge ahead. Just keep an eye on the oil if you get the 296 model as a small number had high consumption issues but should be fine as long as you check it every week or two. If I were you I would take a few for test drives and get a feel for which feels good on the road. One thing to bear in mind is the GT4 model does not have the updated interior but has the newer 296bhp engine. Good luck in your search :)

check the headlights dude. :)

To be honest though. If you're spending 17k. Maybe search a bit harder, push your budget a bit and get the 07. They are the ones with the bonnet bulge.

On paper, they may appear to only have 10bhp or so more. But it's actually more like 20. I think it was something to do with the way BHP was measured in the states, which changed between 06-07.