Where can i get a good flywheel from??

gunmetalzgt

Hi there, I have obtained a exedy clutch from CS. Top man! sorted me out with a fantastic price!!

Now i need to get hold of a flywheel from somewhere.

Before someone says see ZMANALEX, he was the first person that i Pm'd for the Fidanza. However he said he won't sell me the flywheel because i didn't get the clutch from him. :thumbdown:

Very unscrupulous in my opinion.

Anyhow, that leaves me with a hunt on my hands, any help from a fellow forum member would be greatly appreciated.

Before someone says see ZMANALEX, he was the first person that i Pm'd for the Fidanza. However he said he won't sell me the flywheel because i didn't get the clutch from him. :thumbdown:

its a fair comment, if you have a problerm with the car, how do you know if its the clutch or the flywheel that is wrong,

if its sold as a setits easy to go back to the source of both parts. not saying that CS has given you dodgy parts, more the business perspective ;)

doesn't CS sell the fidanza as well?

EPR might do them, i'm sure i've seen other traders on here who sell them.

other option is http://tinyurl.com/yzfxd4u

mmm guess he lost you as a future customer too, not sure why to be honest € is €... or £ in your case.

Let me know how you get on, will have to go down the same route with the clutch as yourself at some stage... hopefully not to soon :band:

:snack:

mmm guess he lost you as a future customer too, not sure why to be honest € is €... or £ in your case.

Let me know how you get on, will have to go down the same route with the clutch as yourself at some stage... hopefully not to soon :band:

Ok mate, will keep you updated. thanks for the suggestions so far. i might end up paying a little more but im happy with that. You're definately right about the future customer thing though.

Okay mate, let's clear this up once and for all.

That is not what I said and you know it. :blush:

What I said is that I was only prepared to sell the Exedy Clutch Kit and the Fidanza Flywheel as a set.

Absolutely nothing unscrupulous about that. :)

Alex.

Okay mate, let's clear this up once and for all.

That is not what I said and you know it. :blush:

What I said is that I was only prepared to sell the Exedy Clutch Kit and the Fidanza Flywheel as a set.

Absolutely nothing unscrupulous about that. :)

Alex.

That's the same thing as far as im concerned. You directed me to your for sale post when i asked about my clutch slipping on another post.

It didn't state on there that they were only being sold as a set.

In fact you even gave someone the price plus shipping on that post for just the flywheel.

See below :-

Hi Alex

How much lighter over stock is the flywheel?

:)

Jerry, as Chris has said. :thumbs:

Brand new genuine LUC OEM flys also available for next day delivery for those who want to stick with the OEM Dual Mass Flywheels.

Priced at only £295.00 + shipping. :thumbs:

Alex.

Thanks anyway but i wont be buying anything more from you.

get an LUK one from a local autofactors, mine cost about £250 a year ago and is spot on.

Thanks mate. :thumbs: I can get the LUK for £280. just wanted to see if i could get a lightened one for around the same price.

As i said, im just looking at options. Im not stuck or anything.

shame as i think your shooting yourself in the foot with this, Alex is one of the best supplies for parts you need in an emergency and supplies kits for other things that no one else does. and gets lots of OEM parts at some of the best prices. not only that his customer services are great. he happily chats through any issues and will help you with the best solution, even if its not from him. not only that with emergency parts his delivery is extremely quick, qnd he has got several people out of a tight spot.

at the end of the day, you'll still get a fly wheel, the only one who loses out is alex as he won't get your money. So you have to get it from another supplier, is that really such a big deal that you'll never buy again from him.

i think it will be your loss at the end of the day :blush::shrug:

but its your choice to make :thumbs:

Thanks mate. I can get the LUK for £280. just wanted to see if i could get a lightened one for around the same price.

If you could hang for a lightened one I would wait, as you still get a slight amount of chatter from the LUK as you do from a Fidanza. But at least you know the fidanza is benefiting the car performance wise were as the LUK is just pretty much a standard replacement.

here's an exedy lightened one on ebay for £300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exedy-lightened-f ... 19b8ce279c

shame as i think your shooting yourself in the foot with this, Alex is one of the best supplies for parts you need in an emergency and supplies kits for other things that no one else does. and gets lots of OEM parts at some of the best prices. not only that his customer services are great. he happily chats through any issues and will help you with the best solution, even if its not from him. not only that with emergency parts his delivery is extremely quick, qnd he has got several people out of a tight spot.

at the end of the day, you'll still get a fly wheel, the only one who loses out is alex as he won't get your money. So you have to get it from another supplier, is that really such a big deal that you'll never buy again from him.

i think it will be your loss at the end of the day :blush::shrug:

but its your choice to make :thumbs:

Thanks for that Rich. I know what you're saying. At the end of the day Alex is running a business and if he chooses not to sell the flywheel seperately thats his choice, i guess im just a little teed off at the whole thing because i've been thinking about what to do for a while and when i finally decided to go for the Fidanza, Alex won't sell it to me.

But i'm sure you can see where im coming from? I doesn't say on the for sale post that you have to buy both.

Thanks mate. I can get the LUK for £280. just wanted to see if i could get a lightened one for around the same price.

If you could hang for a lightened one I would wait, as you still get a slight amount of chatter from the LUK as you do from a Fidanza. But at least you know the fidanza is benefiting the car performance wise were as the LUK is just pretty much a standard replacement.

here's an exedy lightened one on ebay for £300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exedy-lightened-f ... 19b8ce279c

Thanks for that. I really appreciate you help with this. I'm watching that one anyway. Not sure if it will work with the exedy clutch? I heard that their flywheel only works with the stage 1 or 2 clutches??

i agree perfectly from where your coming from, but its not like alex is the sole UK distributor, you can still get one, only difference is it will come from a different post code.

i just don't want to see you cut off your no to spite your face.

Thanks for all the advise guys.

I didn't get it from ebay. I got the clutch from CS who is a respected trader on here.

He will most probably get me a flywheel to match. If not then theres the exedy on ebay. im sure matching an exedy clutch to an exedy flywheel cant be too bad.

I asked the seller the question and he said they fit no probs.

I apreciate all the help. and

Rich: thanks for watching out for me. :thumbs:

Alex: No hard feelings. I know you gotta do what you gotta do in business. :thumbs:

Hey there andlid,

Thought i'd let you know that i managed to get the exedy clutch and the Fidanza flywheel from CS at a great price :thumbs:

So when you start looking be sure to give him a shout!!

Hey there andlid,

Thought i'd let you know that i managed to get the exedy clutch and the Fidanza flywheel from CS at a great price :thumbs:

:thumbs: thx for the update mate, let me know how it's fitting and driving experience please

It sounds like you have already bought your lightweight flywheel but you should be aware of a few things:

There will be a lot more gearbox noise coming into the car, plus the take up of the clutch will not be as smooth as with a dual mass flywheel, plus you will need a lot more revs to pull away. Also the engine may run erratic at idle due to the lower mass.

Lightweight flywheels are only really for use on race cars where you are constantly revving the nuts off the engine. These types of parts look cool on the adverts or when being talked about in the pub but there are always downsides to using them, and normally the downsides outstrip any potential gains by a fair margin.

When the time comes to selling the car you could have a problem as very few will want to buy a car with one of this fitted.

Just another view from someone with a lot of experience of such things. :)

is a lightweight flywheel asuch as Fidanza really that obtrusive? It look's like I'll be replacing the clutch fiarly soon and have been debating in my own head if I should go for the flywheel at the same time. I read and hear everywhere that if your going to replace the clutch you should always replace the flywheel at same time.

But what actual benifits and downsides are there to doing this?

It sounds like you have already bought your lightweight flywheel but you should be aware of a few things:

There will be a lot more gearbox noise coming into the car, plus the take up of the clutch will not be as smooth as with a dual mass flywheel, plus you will need a lot more revs to pull away. Also the engine may run erratic at idle due to the lower mass.

Lightweight flywheels are only really for use on race cars where you are constantly revving the nuts off the engine. These types of parts look cool on the adverts or when being talked about in the pub but there are always downsides to using them, and normally the downsides outstrip any potential gains by a fair margin.

When the time comes to selling the car you could have a problem as very few will want to buy a car with one of this fitted.

Just another view from someone with a lot of experience of such things. :)

Thank you for that. I understand exactly what you mean. However I am quite happy with the way the car will feel after fitting. I made the decision fully informed prior to ordering, believe me I spent A LOT of time researching before making my decision.

As for selling, I really don't care. I'm not modding this car for anyone else, I'm doing it for me. there are quite a few cars on here that are only to some people tastes. I don't intend to sell for a very long time anyway :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply though. I really appreciate people who take the time to keep people informed :thumbs:

Hey there andlid,

:thumbs: thx for the update mate, let me know how it's fitting and driving experience please

Ok mate, I will for sure :thumbs:

To be honest it depends on your intentions for the car. If you are keeping it to run it into the ground and its not a daily driver and more a fun toy, I'd say go for the lightweight flywheel. If its a daily driver (lots of traffic) and you want to sell it on easily or part ex it, I'd say stick with the dual mass as it does make it easier to deal with.

I love my lightweight flywheel (Fidanza) but it can be a pain in the butt sometimes!

To be honest it depends on your intentions for the car. If you are keeping it to run it into the ground and its not a daily driver and more a fun toy, I'd say go for the lightweight flywheel. If its a daily driver (lots of traffic) and you want to sell it on easily or part ex it, I'd say stick with the dual mass as it does make it easier to deal with.

I love my lightweight flywheel (Fidanza) but it can be a pain in the butt sometimes!

Well it's my daily driver and see's a lot of traffic so on that basis I think I might stick to just a new clutch. Thanks for the advice :thumbs: