£1000 spend advice?

Smudge

Hey guys i've just recently got a z and i'm thinking of sprucing it up a tad, I should have about £1000 to spend on it in the near future and will hopefully be doing it at Envy in Bedlington as thats just up the road from me.

My ideas so far are a

JWT pop charger @ £120.00

Japspeed K1 exhaust @ £355.57

envy/nismo version 1 rear wing @ £183.91? (not sure on actual price)

Stubby ariel @ £23.50

total £682.98 (+fitting)

are there any adjustments or things you guys think I should get?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well envy aren't great at putting up prices on everything.. for the spoiler for a standard finish they just put +£183.91 but no price for the spoiler so i'm still trying to find that out

https://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ct_ID=8982

PM Chilli Red on here for prices and sarah will get back to you. Think Gaz is a bit tied up with personal issues at the moment.

If you are going with a pop charger, get a plenum spacer too. If you like the zorst note at the moment keep that till you have had a chance to have a look about. As biscuit says, make sure you keep some cash for a remap when you have got all the bits together.

Hiflow cats are also a good idea as they will change the note / loudness of the zorst, as will a free flowing y-pipe.

v6 engine 3 cylinders either side, equals 2 manifolds, 1 on either side of the engine, each has its own CAT, which then converge at the y pipe where it goes into a single flow.

good idea might be de cat pipes, and an xyz pipe from abbey m/s (means you can swap a cat out or straight pipe for mot's in one place instead of having to try and get to both original cats)

Great advice guys thanx :-)

What exhausts would you recomend? and this may seem like a TOTAL NEWB question but whats the y-pipe? i've heard a lot of people going on about it? or what part of the exhaust?

Depends on how much you want to spend! 5zigen and Nismos are about £1200 including a y-pipe if your looking for some of the good ones.

You will find that zorsts for a the Zeds are normally listed at Cat Back or Y-Pipe back. Cat Back includes the Y and y-pipe back is just the midpipe and the rear box (or split cans)

Or you could go for true dual where there is no y-pipe, as the zorst pipes stay virtually (they have a balancing section) seperate from the cats to the rear section. some of the dcsports or hks are true dual.