£1000 spend advice?

Smudge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my invidia G200 true dual doesn't touch each other at all, the newer ones use the x-cross joint thing.

Really? You have no balance pipe anywhere?

if i've got my terminology right, then i don't think so.

pipes run from the manifolds straight back to the rear can on either side without touching. there is a silencer in each pipe, but they are separate. goes into the rear box, but the pipes never cross inside and stay separate all the way to the exit.

Yeh normally you do but looking at the pics that one dosnt unless its in the back box... but by then its all too late if you need it!

whats the balancing pipe do?

my guess is it balances the exhaust flow, but whats the benefit of this?

scavenging i thought?

i see no space shuttle?? :blink:

Yeh normally you do but looking at the pics that one dosnt unless its in the back box... but by then its all too late if you need it!

whats the balancing pipe do?

my guess is it balances the exhaust flow, but whats the benefit of this?

"It helps to "draw" the gasses out of the chamber, using the momentum of the gas travelling down the pipe to suck the residual gasses out of the combustion chamber. The gas travelling down the pipe creates an area of low pressure behind it. This not only purges the combustion chamber, but also draws more mixture into the chamber during the valve overlap period.

So, instead of having high pressure exhaust gas popping into the inlet tracts, you now have a partial vacuum inside the combustion chamber, which pulls the fresh charge into the chamber when the intake valve opens."

if you like your car loud then get a K1 great peace of kit for the money and ive never heard of any probs with them :thumbs:

Thats good to know :-) i've been thinking with teh K1 i might wait till after i've met a few of you guys and see what other z's sound like with the K1

Hello :wave: The guys on here have given you some good suggestions. I'm sure we can throw a stubby in :p

Prices on the Z store are really difficult to keep current as we can't keep everything in stock and the exchange rates change and so do the prices, which is why a lot are missing. Let me know what you want a price on and I will get back to you.

Sarah :)

Hello :wave: The guys on here have given you some good suggestions. I'm sure we can throw a stubby in :p

Prices on the Z store are really difficult to keep current as we can't keep everything in stock and the exchange rates change and so do the prices, which is why a lot are missing. Let me know what you want a price on and I will get back to you.

Thanx for the reply, I've sent you a PM with details

Thanx for the reply, I've sent you a PM with details

Received and replied - Thanks

Well i'll wait till I hear one then make up my mind.. hopefully one of you guys will be on the next North east or scotland meet?

the best car sound i've ever heard was an exige with a cat 3 racing exhaust.. something like that would be awesome lol

Well i'll wait till I hear one then make up my mind.. hopefully one of you guys will be on the next North east or scotland meet?

the best car sound i've ever heard was an exige with a cat 3 racing exhaust.. something like that would be awesome lol

different engine, different noises

well yeah! obviously but it was still really nice haha

you'll like the V6 noises,

have you had a listen to 3fiddy's exhaust comparison thread, there is a video that shows off 4 different systems side by side. might find what your looking for in there.