Dodo Juice or R222

Sandy

Hello Folks,

Going to get some new wax and I was looking at the following

Dodo Juice 'Supernatural' Premium Wax £63

or

R222 100% Carnauba Wax £48.95

Do you need to use the a pre wax cleaner? (my car is pretty clean hasn't been used over the winter etc)

If I need to get a pre wax cleaner I'll get the R222 (if its good stuff) works out around aound the same price as the dodo juice for the pre wax cleaner and the wax

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sandy

I have used both the dodo colour charged and the R222. Although both give a nice finish and are easy to apply, the beading of the dodo is better and the R222 is not a hard wearing wax and needs to be re applied frequently. I would definitely choose the dodo over the R222 and Andy does great service and great prices :thumbs:

I tried Meg's , Chemical Boys and Victoria Wax. All good but Dodo was much better. The beading is nice and tight and its good to see it actually working :)

Great service from Andy, i put the order through at 10am friday and was using it 10am saturday morning :thumbs: Thanks Andy

I tried Meg's , Chemical Boys and Victoria Wax. All good but Dodo was much better. The beading is nice and tight and its good to see it actually working :)

Great service from Andy, i put the order through at 10am friday and was using it 10am saturday morning :thumbs: Thanks Andy

No worries, glad you got it ok and are liking it! Cheers :thumbs:

You made the right decision, Dodo SN is miles better than R222. Finish is quite similar but DD lasts ages longer.

For the best finish preperation is key, so make sure you wash, clay, polish, cleanse and then wax. You want the paint as flawless and clean of contaminents as possible before sealing it with the wax :thumbs:

Very good :thumbs:B)

+1 B) Another thing to note is the The dodo stuff is considerably more expensive than R222 :)

Not when you consider how much longer it lasts ;) I used to go through a pot of P21S (R222 former name) in less than a year, waxing at least a couple of times a month. I have DD SN now, wax probably every 2-3 months, and half a pot has lasted me over a year ;)

Next time I will be trying a DD panel pot as it just lasts so damn long!

not tried the DD but I am a big fan of the p21s. The wet look from its is great. I wax the car once a month anyway so reported issues of the longevity of p21s (now called R222) didn't affect me or did I notice any issues either. I used the cheaper version with less carnuba, think it retails nearer the £24 mark.

not tried the DD but I am a big fan of the p21s. The wet look from its is great. I wax the car once a month anyway so reported issues of the longevity of p21s (now called R222) didn't affect me or did I notice any issues either. I used the cheaper version with less carnuba, think it retails nearer the £24 mark.

+1 and the DD retails at approx £65 which is over two and a half times more expensive! Had my current R222 over a year now but as we all know my car does not see dirt often. :blush:

+1 and the DD retails at approx £65 which is over two and a half times more expensive! Had my current R222 over a year now but as we all know my car does not see dirt often. :blush:

Dodo Juice supernatural costs around £65 as for the R222 100% Carnauba Wax its around £49 so there isn't that much in it.

PS Andy has much better prices for Dodo Juice supernatural :thumbs:

Dodo Juice supernatural costs around £65 as for the R222 100% Carnauba Wax its around £49 so there isn't that much in it.

PS Andy has much better prices for Dodo Juice supernatural :thumbs:

Ah i see the 100% stuff. :thumbs: But a bit cheaper here ;)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/r222- ... d_505.html