Anyone Gone From a Powerful Turbo Car To a 350Z?

Tricky-Ricky

Looks like half the SXOC is in this thread :D

Ive still got a 270hp S13 convertible, a 370hp S13 and my brother has just bought a 400hp Evo, and its pretty much as the :wacko: other say - you do miss the kick from the turbo and the noises that accompany it, but for me I prefer the more linear power delivery. The Evo is almost lag free and is savage, but is very difficult to find a rhythm in (mainly as you are braking a lot coz its so fecking fast), whereas the Z seems to flow a lot better.

Id add that for drifting the N/A delivery is streets ahead. :thumbs:

So they get 400bhp out of 2 litres? How do they make that lag free? :wacko:

Quite often by mapping in the Anti Lag System. It will also depend on whether you are running a stock turbo or not. Mine, for example, runs an after market, twin scroll turbo and produces maximum boost from 3000 rpm onwards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like half the SXOC is in this thread :D

Ive still got a 270hp S13 convertible, a 370hp S13 and my brother has just bought a 400hp Evo, and its pretty much as the :wacko: other say - you do miss the kick from the turbo and the noises that accompany it, but for me I prefer the more linear power delivery. The Evo is almost lag free and is savage, but is very difficult to find a rhythm in (mainly as you are braking a lot coz its so fecking fast), whereas the Z seems to flow a lot better.

Id add that for drifting the N/A delivery is streets ahead. :thumbs:

So they get 400bhp out of 2 litres? How do they make that lag free? :wacko:

Quite often by mapping in the Anti Lag System. It will also depend on whether you are running a stock turbo or not. Mine, for example, runs an after market, twin scroll turbo and produces maximum boost from 3000 rpm onwards.

Yep, that exactly - twin scroll and antilag, along with a good aftermarket map. The antilag sounds immense as well :D

The Evo is much shorter geared than a Skylione which might be why you didnt get on with it phil - I prefer it personally though :)