What Has Clarkson Got Against The 350Z?

Tricky-Ricky

Like you say, I take Needells opinion on board as he is an excellent driver, Clarkson is no pro driver, wow he can powerslide, big deal!

If you all remember right he said he would have an RX-8 over a 350Z, my best mate has the RX and I have the 350, sorry but I know which i prefer.

Just read this,http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article527113.ece

he really doesn't have much liking of the 350Z does he?

Now i find him quite entertaining on Top Gear, but his knowledge of the

cars is not all that, saying that its a Datsun with a Renault engine just proves it.

Clarkson may have said he didn't like it, yet in that same year (think it was 2004) Top Gear actually awarded the 350z as the best coupe - so sounds like Top Gear actually overruled his opinion. Fifth gear (Tiff Needel and co) also awarded it their best coupe (for more than one year if I remember). Wouldn't worry too much about what he thinks - he is used to driving perfect cars that cost well over 100k. Don't get me wrong I really like watching him and without him Top Gear would not be the same but one of the things we have always known is that is incredibly critical. From what I remember the main thing he wasn't keen on with the 350z was it was tiring to drive round town at slower speeds which to be honest I also agree with - the clutch is incredibly clunky, very jerky gear changes in 1 and 2 and very plasticy interior. However it isn't a 60k Porsche but the Nissan engineers clearly focused on the engine as opposed to interior which is fine by me.

Clarkson may have said he didn't like it, yet in that same year (think it was 2004) Top Gear actually awarded the 350z as the best coupe - so sounds like Top Gear actually overruled his opinion. Fifth gear (Tiff Needel and co) also awarded it their best coupe (for more than one year if I remember). Wouldn't worry too much about what he thinks - he is used to driving perfect cars that cost well over 100k. Don't get me wrong I really like watching him and without him Top Gear would not be the same but one of the things we have always known is that is incredibly critical. From what I remember the main thing he wasn't keen on with the 350z was it was tiring to drive round town at slower speeds which to be honest I also agree with - the clutch is incredibly clunky, very jerky gear changes in 1 and 2 and very plasticy interior. However it isn't a 60k Porsche but the Nissan engineers clearly focused on the engine as opposed to interior which is fine by me.

That's exactly as I remember it and yes it was 2004

Did i say i had any real interest in Clarksons motoring opinions LOL!, i just found that write up and i just wondered why he seemed to have such a downer on it, however his opinions on cars are very much

an entertainment comment rather than real world.

Got everybody talking though ;)