clutch sticks to floor...

Neilp

has anyone experienced the clutch sticking to the floor when pulling away at a higher rev.

its an 2006 model with 20000 miles on clock, it happened when i got the car at 16000 miles about 8 months ago.

nissan didnt want to know and said i'd be liable for charges to inspect if no fault was found. the car is still under warranty as bought from a nissan dealership.

cheers

might be the master clutch cylinder

they are known to go,

do you have to pump the clutch to get it to come back up?

had it happen once when on the track on a very hot day, i think my clutch cylinder had temporarily seized due to the heat. pumped it it came back, not suffered since.

Abbey m/s will have a good idea, as might zmanalex

The clutch slave cyls. are suspect and are replaced on a regular basis.

A fluid change and bleed may help.

The return valve in the master cyl. also gives problems but of a different nature than you are describing. As does the clutch pivot ball.

Start with a fluid change and a bleed, if that does not cure it swop out the slave cyl.

I have the slaves in stock if required and priced at around £70.00

Alex.

nice one mate. how hard is the changeover to do when you really have slight ability in repairs, limited ability actually, cheers

Clutch slave is very easy to change providing it is the model with the slave on the outside of the gearbox. The later models require the gearbox to be removed.

It is a two man operation to bleed the system and best done on a ramp.

Alex.

• 3 weeks later...

Slave cylinder all the way!!!!! mine was replaced on warranty.

dont leave it or you will need road assistance :surrender:

on mine it was a gearbox off job... and i think there is a nismo one which is a bit stronger as well...

mine had about 18000miles when it happened although first time it got stuck for a few seconds on a track day at cadwell park whist slowing down from 130 to 90... the car had about 14000 miles then :thumbs: