What is it with people?!

H5

On my way out of the shops yesterday and return to find the result of some genius who doesn't know the length of their door or their own strength - a nice dent right on the offside rear wheel arch, on the wheel arch line :rant::boxing: Despite parking away from anything, still happened! Anybody had a dent repaired on a rear arch and can it be accessed through the wheel arch? Otherwise it's drilling and grommets again... :thumbdown:

Then while finally spending some TLC on the car last night (removing some surface sratches on the rear) decided to give the whole of the rear bumper a going over and somebody's kindly driven into the rear bumper at some point and cracked it!! :rant:

Anybody replaced a rear bumper and know how much these are?

Mindless inconsiderate arseholes :rant: Who probably do it out of spite :rant: Double park and let them think your arrogant!!!

Thats what I do,after suffering countless dents on previous cars.

I double park everywhere I go,get @*!# loads of abuse,but hey no dents!

Mindless inconsiderate arseholes :rant: Who probably do it out of spite :rant: Double park and let them think your arrogant!!!

Thats what I do,after suffering countless dents on previous cars.

I double park everywhere I go,get @*!# loads of abuse,but hey no dents!

Makes one tempted to put a sticker/notice on your car saying something like "If everyone were as careful as you, opening your door alongside my car, I would park in a single bay. Sadly they're not, so forgive me that I don't."

On a serious note, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you dent is where the wheel arch is double skinned so dent people wont be able to knock it out. Chipsaway would be able to sort it out with some filler and a bit of paint. You also can get 10% off with chipsaway with an AA card.

On a serious note, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you dent is where the wheel arch is double skinned so dent people wont be able to knock it out. Chipsaway would be able to sort it out with some filler and a bit of paint. You also can get 10% off with chipsaway with an AA card.

That's what I was fearing. I've got a guy who did my previous car every 6 months regardless (he always finds something) and has drilled holes in door ways etc before to get behind it to removed it without filler and paint. They never look the same IMO once filled and painted so am hoping to avoid it if at all possible.

Printing things up, I work for a rather large company that makes printing type machinery (that starts and ends with X!) so could happily print and laminate something! :)

That's what I was fearing. I've got a guy who did my previous car every 6 months regardless (he always finds something) and has drilled holes in door ways etc before to get behind it to removed it without filler and paint. They never look the same IMO once filled and painted so am hoping to avoid it if at all possible.

Printing things up, I work for a rather large company that makes printing type machinery (that starts and ends with X!) so could happily print and laminate something! :)

Dave at Denttec (see forum discount) is very good but already had asked him the same question about a dent in that posistion for another member, thats why I know its a no go.

I had very good results on the last car. Had scuffed the rear wheel arch in a car park :rant: and chipsaway did a top job

Cheers, I'll take a look at it. Have family all over the car industry so have a few people who can work on things, one of them has a Chipsaway franchise so will have a word with him too.

Let me know about the cards!! lol ;)

• 1 year later...

This happening scares the sh!t out of me!!! I make it a habit now to check all around the car before I get in a drive away. The idea being that if i park in a space that's clear on either side, if a car has parked next to me when I return, and a dent appears I'll know who did it. I really want to have the balls to double park, but have always harboured deep resentment to those I've seen do it in the past, I just cant get out of that way of thinking!

I only hope that if it ever happens to me, I'm there to catch the f**ker doing it, they would indeed incur my displeasure :rant::rant::rant:

Me too. I`m paranoid when parking and always check what is next to me. Never park by a car with heavy doors - 2-door cars or 4x4s. Other than that it is fingers crossed every time.

I have received many dints on cherished cars and heartily hate the lazy, weak armed, careless slobs who do it.:rant:

Me too. I`m paranoid when parking and always check what is next to me. Never park by a car with heavy doors - 2-door cars or 4x4s. Other than that it is fingers crossed every time.

I have received many dints on cherished cars and heartily hate the lazy, weak armed, careless slobs who do it.:rant:

A few weeks ago, I took our 13yo to her netball tournament. When I went to pick her up, about 8pm, I parked in a completely empty car park! I mean there was maybe one or two cars in a car park meant for over 250 easily. I got out, went into the sports hall, watched the last of her game, and waited while she said her goodbye's before walking back out to the car. What did I find? A filthy(and I meanproperly dirty, filthy), enormous great crew-cab pick up parked right beside my pride and joy!!! :scare: It was huge, and looked like the Hilux from top gear, AND it had chosen to park, in a big, empty car park, right beside me!!!! I have to say, when I rounded the corner, my bladder nearly let go :scare: and to my amazement, there wasn't a mark on the Zed! But why? why did he absolutely HAVE to park there? the relief was unbelievable, but it could have so easily been a different story! :rant:

A few weeks ago, I took our 13yo to her netball tournament. When I went to pick her up, about 8pm, I parked in a completely empty car park! I mean there was maybe one or two cars in a car park meant for over 250 easily. I got out, went into the sports hall, watched the last of her game, and waited while she said her goodbye's before walking back out to the car. What did I find? A filthy(and I meanproperly dirty, filthy), enormous great crew-cab pick up parked right beside my pride and joy!!! :scare: It was huge, and looked like the Hilux from top gear, AND it had chosen to park, in a big, empty car park, right beside me!!!! I have to say, when I rounded the corner, my bladder nearly let go :scare: and to my amazement, there wasn't a mark on the Zed! But why? why did he absolutely HAVE to park there? the relief was unbelievable, but it could have so easily been a different story! :rant:

I don't know what it is either. Our supermarket has a car park about 50% bigger than it needs to be, and I park across the other side of it every time, with about 50 - 100 spaces between my car and the rest of the masses, and more than half the time I come back with someone next to me..... :wacko::headhurt:

I don't know what it is either. Our supermarket has a car park about 50% bigger than it needs to be, and I park across the other side of it every time, with about 50 - 100 spaces between my car and the rest of the masses, and more than half the time I come back with someone next to me..... :wacko::headhurt:

the only thing I can think of, is it must be some sort of desire thing, maybe admiration or jealousy, or perhaps the idea if you park next to a beautiful, rare sports car, some of the owner's good fortune would rub off! I dunno, seems a bit like cluthcing at straws, but I can't think of another explaination :wacko:

the only thing I can think of, is it must be some sort of desire thing, maybe admiration or jealousy, or perhaps the idea if you park next to a beautiful, rare sports car, some of the owner's good fortune would rub off! I dunno, seems a bit like cluthcing at straws, but I can't think of another explaination :wacko:

Think it's more of a case of if I park next to a really nice car who obviously has a caring owner, he wont hit my car when he tries to get into his, oh wait, I just hit his while thinking that, nevermind!

My mate bought a brand new Impreza STI, in the first 3 weeks of owning it he'd had 4 dents. Some people just don't care about other peoples stuff, and unfortunately it's one of those things that will never, ever, change :dry:

My mate bought a brand new Impreza STI, in the first 3 weeks of owning it he'd had 4 dents. Some people just don't care about other peoples stuff, and unfortunately it's one of those things that will never, ever, change :dry:

I often wonder if some do it deliberately - whether its jealousy or they just don't like cars they perceive as being 'excessive'. More likely its simply down to an inconsiderate attitude - they don't care less, or they don't control kids (or themselves) from flinging doors open, or the cars or not theirs (company/lease) or they are simply don't think - probably that one is the main reason. :angry:

Victor Meldrew :rant: over

Are you a Xeroid? :scare:

:lol: I was for 4 years. Haven't been for a few months, and certainly wasn't before then. That's why I left....

• 3 weeks later...