What is it with people?!

H5

It pi**ed me right off too. I've got 4 of them along my passenger door which I know have been caused by others as I barely use the door.

Once the summer comes think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the dent guys into the remove them.

Sooooo annoying when you clean the car - give it a nice wax and all you can see are these really obvious bloody dings

:rant::rant::rant::rant: this is a real hate zone for me ! why do people need to park next to something even though the car park is empty !!! why !! someone tell me ?

i was in a large homebase car park the other day, parked miles away from everything, possibly 50 empty spaces and 5 cars parked up, i watched a woman arrive in an old cavalier and struggle to park between two cars !! and then struggle to get out !! wtf is that all about :rant::rant: i was getting wound up watching her :headhurt::rant::rant:

Unfortunately the people who park next to our cars are the types who could not car less about cars. They (cars) are a necessary evil to them. They have no idea they are ticking us off by parking next to us. There has to be something in the human pshche that just causes them to "huddle" together. People are like sheep!

Someone at my wife's place of employment asked her to park closer to the door so they wouldn't have to clear snow from her car to the front door. She properly declined and said she'd risk falling to keep her car from a dent. God bless my wife :teeth:

yes agreed!!

So do you lot follow the same Universal Paranoid Car lover rules that I do (sorry Anorak stuff here) :blush:

In a car park Never park:

Next to a 4x4 (ok so thats me but I dont even do it in mine!)

Next to a car that has a kiddie seat in it

Next to an MPV

Next to commercial vehicles especially White Vans

Next to a Chav's car - easy to spot - they always have a George Cross sticker on it somewhere they got from The Sun

On the corner of a car park

Never a spot near the entrance or exit

Near Mother and Baby spaces

Old Rovers from 1980's

Most Vauxhalls pre 1998

Never in a bay that has a car in the other bay slightly overparked in the bay next to you - Mr Austin Maxi will turn up and park right next to your door! :angry:

Never near the shopping trolly park and uphil from them not downhill

Always park next to Expensive cars - astons etc unless in Levenshulme or Salford! :lol:

Always park well in the bay as best you can

Always park away from the main drag its easier to get in and out quickly

Phew!! Sorry Nurse says I have to take my pills now!! :headhurt:

Parking is not easy thesedays is it!

I follow every one of those rules except for the Vauxhall rule. None over here. Our version would be a Pontiac Grand-Am :yuck:

I always analyze my parking spot. I also never park downhill from a shopping cart corrall.......no matter how slight the incline.

I drive my passengers crazy when we drive on a date night. They always tease me about needing a trolley to come get them and how I will find a spot, start to turn off the motor then suddenly take off having just gotten a bad vibe about my current spot.

yes agreed!!

So do you lot follow the same Universal Paranoid Car lover rules that I do (sorry Anorak stuff here) :blush:

In a car park Never park:

Next to a 4x4 (ok so thats me but I dont even do it in mine!)

Next to a car that has a kiddie seat in it

Next to an MPV

Next to commercial vehicles especially White Vans

Next to a Chav's car - easy to spot - they always have a George Cross sticker on it somewhere they got from The Sun

On the corner of a car park

Never a spot near the entrance or exit

Near Mother and Baby spaces

Old Rovers from 1980's

Most Vauxhalls pre 1998

Never in a bay that has a car in the other bay slightly overparked in the bay next to you - Mr Austin Maxi will turn up and park right next to your door! :angry:

Never near the shopping trolly park and uphil from them not downhill

Always park next to Expensive cars - astons etc unless in Levenshulme or Salford! :lol:

Always park well in the bay as best you can

Always park away from the main drag its easier to get in and out quickly

Phew!! Sorry Nurse says I have to take my pills now!! :headhurt:

Parking is not easy thesedays is it!

:thumbs: Fine advice there - should be stickied! :lol:

Fine advice there - should be stickied

Thanks Mate I forgot to mention Camper vans!

But my passengers do think I am weird and get fed up with me messing about - likewise I have also gone back and moved the car when I saw some gormless muppet in a volvo estate try to park next to my 1 week old shiny Rex! :dry: Its a cruel world being paranoid! :blush:

A number of the car parks I choose, have bays with hatched lines where you are not supposed to park, I normally put a tyre width into these giving me extra room.

Although yesterday when I took the car for a service, I stuck it in a completely hatched area as I couldn't fit in any spaces! When I came back to get my car they put it at the front door with no other cars near it ... nice

I've also chosen end spaces, meaning only one side of the car is exposed, then park as close to the edge as possible (without wheel scuffing).

The biggest problem I have is the length of my car, the front or rear normally sit way out in the open.

If only all car parks where like Costco ones - ie they have those extra wide bays with double lines marked out either side - presumably for Vans since its a wholesalers - I see the tight Gits at Chester decided not to though! :dry:

Bottom line as soon as you walk away there's nowt that can protect you from the scumbags out there who dont give a stuff about other peoples property so you just have to do the best you can with what you have ...

Happy Parking...... :wacko: