Need a tapping tool to fix my nackered thread

P15UL T

Hi guys i thought i would post this up on the off chance someone could help

a month or so ago i got the local garage to put my sport cats on and when removing the old cats one of the sensors were jammed on and the guy damaged it badly trying to remove it, so i bought a new set , anyway at the time he stuck a blanking nut in the hole while i was waiting for the sensors.

so today my friend and i set aout servicing the car and while it was up of the ground we thought we would stick on the sensors, it took alot of wd40 and brute force to get the nut off that the local garage put on, end result was the nut was stripped bare and i mean bare , and there was damage to the internal thread of the cat, i took it back to the local garage and the guy in his rough manor shreading another nut into the cat with a ****ing tourqe gun :scare: i mean come on to **** i just showed you the last ****ing nut he put it

anyway the cat is going to need re tapped and i believe the size is 18mm: 1.5p

thanks for taking the time to read all my rant

hope you can help

thats quite a chunky tap you'll need, most kits i think only tend to go up to about 12mm. i'll have a look at work but i don't think i have something that big. possibly closest is about 15mm. i think your going to need ot order one.

i want to order my own set for home use, but not got round to it yet.

try screw fix might be able to buy them singular.

just checked and screwfix only go up to a 12....damn :rant:

good shout though :thumbs:

I know a boy that works for clyde pumps and he can to all that tapping jazz but I am not sure to what size......I will text him and if he can be of help I will get in touch!

• 3 weeks later...