Spec?

mooneyd

viewtopic.php?t=5091

I think this is the one! Basically you have have the 276BHP model which goes up to 06 plates, the 296BHP facelift model which runs to 07 plates and then the 313BHP engine bulge which is anything after.

There are a few differences in these models from engine to light types and wheels etc. Also depends if the car is a Gt which gives it heated electric seats, BOSE sounds etc. And these is JDM models (usual giveaway is non brembo or square reg plates but not always)

Any specific questions or if you have an advert post it up and we will look and try and help you out.

Thanks guys, intro is up.

Is there much difference between uk & jap spec 350's

im guessing insurance is easier to get on the uk model

A few differences - also depends on the year of car! JDM don't have brembos or the rear lip and there aree a few other things - I am sure there is an extensive list somewhere on here.

Remember depending on the year you buy there will be other changes too like rear LED lights etc

Maybe give us an idea of your budget and we can point you in the right direction

Thanks guys, intro is up.

Is there much difference between uk & jap spec 350's

im guessing insurance is easier to get on the uk model

Hi mooneyd, take a look at this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1781 it should give you a rough idea of the differences in spec.

I believe it was originally put together in 2006 so it could be a bit out of date. There do seem to be a lot of variations with the JDM models

Hope that helps :)

hopefully ill have between €10-€13k to buy a car.

the 350z is €2300 to register on irish roads. so that means id have MAX £10k to spend.

Jap or UK model I dont mind.

Modified or OEM I dont mind.

Also a huge favour can somone please post a pic of the space behind front seats of the 350, I know the cars a 2 seater but i want to figure something out.

hopefully ill have between €10-€13k to buy a car.

the 350z is €2300 to register on irish roads. so that means id have MAX £10k to spend.

Jap or UK model I dont mind.

Modified or OEM I dont mind.

Also a huge favour can somone please post a pic of the space behind front seats of the 350, I know the cars a 2 seater but i want to figure something out.

Directly beind the seats or in the but behind the speakers?

the bit behind the speakers.

You guys will probably try and kill me but im trying to see if it would be possably to do a VAN conversion.

Because the 350 is a two seater you wouldnt notice a difference bar a few changes.

I could shave off €1720 a year off road tax.

You guys will probably try and kill me but im trying to see if it would be possably to do a VAN conversion.

Because the 350 is a two seater you wouldnt notice a difference bar a few changes.

Interesting!! :wacko:

I guess you are meanign doing something like this?

2007-Strosek-Nissan-350Z-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-1024x768.jpg

And this is as good as I can find!

06-ZACC-018.jpg

As you can see.... hard to fit a dog in too!!!

Only issue is, how you gonna get rid of the strut to make it into a useable "truck" space?

well would there be 2 options?

Is it bolted in or welded to the chasis?

If not leave it in. Im not going to use it as a van.

So solid Plate along the floor(maybe wrap in in carbon fiber to give it the sporty track look) or lay carpet on it.

100% tint the two rear side mirrors and put a plate behind them.

Tecnically a van then going from what I know (but then again thats very little :p)

Ill have a commercial.

and have it insured for Social, Domestic & personal use.

Best of both worlds. the drop in tax going from my 2L would make up for the insurance going up to the Z

You guys will probably try and kill me but I'm trying to see if it would be possibly to do a VAN conversion.

Because the 350 is a two seater you wouldn't notice a difference bar a few changes.

Welcome to the forum. Not sure if I should welcome you though, with your thoughts of butchering the proposed car. :p

I would imagine that might damage the structural integrity of the shell of the car, turning it into a van of some description, even the hatch plays a part in the back state of structure. Also the large strut bar in the back plays a major part in the structural integrity and reducing torsional twisting. Practicality side, what could it perspectively cost to do some sort of conversion?? Wager possibly almost as much as any savings in insurance or road taxes.

I actually just spent the last few hours looking at the in's and out's of this.

And actually anyone looking to import from JAPland may want to have a look at this.

Not quite sure if its the same in the UK as in Ireland.

BUT heres the story.

When you Register a car (VRT in Ireland) you pay 21% of value price which is given as €2,300 at the moment.

Tax for the year on the engine is the hoghest tax band which is €2,100 a year.

BUT

With a commercial you pay 13.3% to register the car as its now a commercial. which would be €1,456

And tax for the year is €280 as its less than 3 tonnes.

The law would require a flat bed fitted and the rear window completely tinted.

I wouldnt need to change anything with the exterior of the car.

Simply fit the flatbed right back to the speakers and away we go.

Sounds plausable

Thats what I thought. But If you can think of a reason why its not.

Supra owners have been at it for years...

Because the tax issue only with the larger engine cars and the 350 is a 2 seater with front engine.

As most with an engine that big have mid/ rear engine's and may have 2 tiny rear seats. And that would drive up costs as you would need to convert it.

Also can somone please take or post a picture of the inside of the rear side window on the 350, Just need to know is there amy form of B pillar

I'll be watching this thread with interest as I've been paying a shocking amount of road tax on my last two Zeds over the past few years. I think the biggest issue you will have is trying to convince the law that you are using the 350Z for commercial purposes - I mean the space in the back is not exactly suitable for transporting anything of a commercial nature.

Have always thought that with a bit of metal work you could make quite a cool pickup out of a zed and loose some weight off the ultra heavy boot!

Loose the back windows and the boot hatch, get a rear window out of an MR2 so you then have the rear windows and the rear screen in one and then fabricate the metal work surround to connect up behind the speakers.

Remove the sides from the hatch and weld back on so you keep the lines from the side. Do the the mod on the strut to turn it up side down, chuck in some checker plate (size may be big enough for a small jacuzzi!)

350z pickup done...

Off to phone the Big Dawg himself, Tim Westwood and see what he can come up with...

If he cant then am going to phone the bigger dog as he will be able to sort it...

xzibit_pimp_my_ride.jpg

Oh and in request for your pic...

start-of-cage-3.jpg

strip.jpg

Thanks for the pics 3FIDDYZ

I think the biggest issue you will have is trying to convince the law that you are using the 350Z for commercial purposes - I mean the space in the back is not exactly suitable for transporting anything of a commercial nature.
tha

Who says I need to transport anything?

An electrician needs a small tool bag with a snips, screw drivers and a few other bits and bob's the tool bag would be the siza of a small kit bag.

Think of all the tradesmen who drive the country day after day in vanettes & van's carrying nothing more than a few bits and bobs