Which Z came First??

jerry3167

Guys,

We all know that the Nissan Z has been around for a long while, but I just had some snotty nosed herbert :yuck: say that his BMW Z4, Z3 etc was the "original Z car"

and Nissan just copied BMW WTF??

He went on to suggest that BMW Z cars were superior in perfomance, Build quality and looks...again WTF??

Somehow, I dont think BMW were 1st with a Z car, anyone confirm this?

One thing for sure, he is a typical BMW owner, didnt they build the first car ever. :lol:

The Z-car is a series of sports cars manufactured by Nissan Motors Ltd.. The original Z was sold in October 1969 in Japan as the Nissan Fairlady Z and was exported as the Datsun 240Z. Since 2009 Nissan has manufactured the newest Z, the 370Z. Enthusiasts praise the cars for their looks, reliability, performance, and affordability. Nissan Z cars currently hold the record for best selling sports car series of all time with around 1,685,000 in five generations. Every Z car has been sold in Japan as the Fairlady Z and elsewhere under the names 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z and 370Z.

He might have a point about the build quality & performance :blush: But hes clearly been drinking if he thinks they look better

+1. Not sure if a Z4 performance matches that of a Zed either. :wacko:

Basic Z4 maybe not but Z4M - definatley :)

He might have a point about the build quality & performance :blush: But hes clearly been drinking if he thinks they look better

+1. Not sure if a Z4 performance matches that of a Zed either. :wacko:

Basic Z4 maybe not but Z4M - definatley :)

has good power but the handling isnt as good, ride is extremely hard and heavy just doesnt communicate as well as the zed, but by god is it a gorgeous car. absolute stunner. hated the convertible but the coupe was so retro i love it. in the future i might swap over to it if i felt i needed to be abit more mature/proffessional.

The Z-car is a series of sports cars manufactured by Nissan Motors Ltd.. The original Z was sold in October 1969 in Japan as the Nissan Fairlady Z and was exported as the Datsun 240Z. Since 2009 Nissan has manufactured the newest Z, the 370Z. Enthusiasts praise the cars for their looks, reliability, performance, and affordability. Nissan Z cars currently hold the record for best selling sports car series of all time with around 1,685,000 in five generations. Every Z car has been sold in Japan as the Fairlady Z and elsewhere under the names 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z and 370Z.

Although not technically a "Z" as we know it. There was also the little Fairlady roadster in the late 60's - beginning of the Fairlady name. One of the guys here a rare 1967. :)