Sorry a tyre question

MEO

We have a 06 car and are going to have to change the tyres v soon (I have tried to get Falken 452s todays...without success no stock anywhere!!!!)

Plan B is to think about just changing rears to Bridgestone Re50A's does anybody know if it is Ok to mix Re 040s (F) and RE 050A's ®...I don't normally like mixing tyres, but guess there might be a chance of this combo being OK

Many thanks in advance

reo50s are good.mixing front and back isn't bad to bad, but ideally you want same all round.

if cost is an issue i highly reccomend the vredestein ultrac sessantas. they aren't the cheapest but come out about the same as the toyos. cost more than falkens but are outstanding tyres for grip.

reo50s are good.mixing front and back isn't bad to bad, but ideally you want same all round.

if cost is an issue i highly reccomend the vredestein ultrac sessantas. they aren't the cheapest but come out about the same as the toyos. cost more than falkens but are outstanding tyres for grip.

RT - I'm convinced you're on commission now!! :dry:

Meo - if you're still after Falkens - have a look at Protyre - they're owned by a wholesaler called Micheldever who are the sole importers of Falken. RT's pitch has me convince though, as soon as I'm ready to change (v.soon) I'll be plumping for the Vreds and holding him personally responsible if they're rubbish!!

I have tried mainly local Machester shops....I tried Camskill (February!!)....

I will try tyremen...thanks

sounds like UK is waiting for tyre shipments to arrive,

Just tried tyremen for vredestein ultrac sessanta....got stock BUT

£165 for rears and £140 fronts :headhurt:

yeah not as cheap as camskills but they are the closest in price. others are even more i think, or don't even supply them. i think black circles did them, but mytyres don't. might be worth a try.

other option is to wait till feb if you want them, how critical are your tyres at the moment; some tread; or no tread?

RT - I'm convinced you're on commission now!! :dry:

Meo - if you're still after Falkens - have a look at Protyre - they're owned by a wholesaler called Micheldever who are the sole importers of Falken. RT's pitch has me convince though, as soon as I'm ready to change (v.soon) I'll be plumping for the Vreds and holding him personally responsible if they're rubbish!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i'm not on commission, wish i was :lol: just found something that works very well on the zed and doesn't cost a bomb. you should like them, not heard anyone get them and not like them so far.

I've never understood why people say low tread tyres don't grip as well in anything other than wet conditions. I mean, even I find them ssame. But I'm confused as to why. If your tread is low, isn't it irrelevant if the road doesn't have any snow or water (not damp) on it?

Surely the compound is the same quality all the way through?

I've never understood why people say low tread tyres don't grip as well in anything other than wet conditions. I mean, even I find them ssame. But I'm confused as to why. If your tread is low, isn't it irrelevant if the road doesn't have any snow or water (not damp) on it?

Surely the compound is the same quality all the way through?

A lot of it is phsycological, if someone (regardless of tyre knowledge) says your tyres are looking a bit low then it will play on the mind. As for the compound, when a tyre is made, the compound is mixed mainly by hand and extruded and then moulded so the compound doesn't change throughout the tread.

If the tyre has suffered from uneven wear (ie poor camber, alignment, enthusiastic roundabouts, heavy braking causing flat spots) this will upset the grip levels and once the tyre has started to suffer, the problem will continue through the tyre's life, even if the tyre is moved to another position (or car).