Valuation

YHTM

I've been offered £11,000 for my Roadster in part exchange. With the car market all over the place at the moment I am not sure whether that is a good deal for me or not?? What do you think?

Also not sure whether the modifications will make it harder to sell privately if I go down that route?

An 05 import, 20k miles, K1 exhaust, Volks GTVs, Ings front spoiler, Pioneer flip out SAT NAV, non standard headlights and rear lights and a few other things. plate not included.

Car1.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail8.jpg

If i had £11k now i would snap your hands off. Sell it privately you'll get a hell of a lot more for it, and some of the mods look good apart from the tail lights :p

Yeah they were cheap and one doesn't fit properly! I still have the original wheels, exhaust and rear lights.

no rush to sell- I just want to make sure I don't give it away for a silly price and would be prepared to wait 6 months if it meant I got a good price. But it is the 'good price' I am not really sure of. Looking around that could be anything between a £9k part exchange and ????

Suppose it depends if you get a decent price for the car you're looking to px for? +1 on removing the volks and exhaust and seling them seperately. Dealer won't care if alloys are on it, and would probably prefer a stock car anyway. 11k does seem a bit low tho when you compare on Autotrader. . .

Look at the glasses guide link that Mike posted up for a price then Knock about £500 off for an import?

Mine is still up for sale so it's down to the time of year really was fortunate I got full book for it and the guy knows his fast Nissans :D

Look at the glasses guide link that Mike posted up for a price then Knock about £500 off for an import?

Mine is still up for sale so it's down to the time of year really was fortunate I got full book for it and the guy knows his fast Nissans :D

Glass's guides are way out. £10k for my Z, £10k for a R34 GTR :surrender: If I could get one for twice that price I'd be doing well :dry:

thing you have to ask yourself ,is it worth keeping it longer to get a better price as you watch the market price getting less and less,also its just a zed its nothing special it will never go up in value only go down,sorry for sounding a pain but its true.

thing you have to ask yourself ,is it worth keeping it longer to get a better price as you watch the market price getting less and less,also its just a zed its nothing special it will never go up in value only go down,sorry for sounding a pain but its true.

If you can afford to hang onto it for a bit longer to get a higher price then yes it is worth it. 350Z Values have gone up in the last few months, the market is starting to pick up.

If you can afford to hang onto it for a bit longer to get a higher price then yes it is worth it. 350Z Values have gone up in the last few months, the market is starting to pick up.

do you really think values are going up ? look on the forum and see the car's reduced,also if a trader offers a price you have to remember he has to make profit after any work or service the car may need and too offer a warranty aswell,

thing is car's are not selling very well unless the price is silly and low .if something went wrong with the car i would rather pay more from a trader for piece or mind than getting the 2 fingers from a private deal.

You're looking at £10600 - £11000 for a px at trade at the moment from my extensive car shopping recently. Granted stealers want to pay **** all for my car in a px, but if that's the case, then I also want to pay **** all for the car I'm buying off them, and get that at a ****ing trade price.

I could roll up in my car, leave them the keys, and they could roll it straight onto the fore court with no work at all, but stick £4k more on the window than they'd have just paid me for it.

I refuse to px mine now due to the substantial loss I'll suffer (approx £1k for every 10k miles), and am waiting on a private sale.

Cheaper to keep your car and get a bank loan, rather than take a massive loss and have to pay for the majority of your car twice for someone else to benefit from the depreciation.

In my opinion anyway.

Good luck either way.

Thanks gmmp, a good summing up!! I'm going to hang on and try to sell it privately then buy a replacement without the complication of px - the more I get out of the px the less I will get off the new car - that's a win win for the dealer and a lose lose for me. Looking at the comments and pricing I reckon doing it that way will have an overall approx gain of £4k (£2k extra for my car and £2k off what I am after).

Thanks everyone for helping me make my mind up!!!

:thumbs:

Thanks gmmp, a good summing up!! I'm going to hang on and try to sell it privately then buy a replacement without the complication of px - the more I get out of the px the less I will get off the new car - that's a win win for the dealer and a lose lose for me. Looking at the comments and pricing I reckon doing it that way will have an overall approx gain of £4k (£2k extra for my car and £2k off what I am after).

Thanks everyone for helping me make my mind up!!!

:thumbs:

Good plan - and you have the opportunity to buy an entertaining shed while you search for the new car. I'm currently knocking around in a temporary SAAB 900 Turbo ;)

When looking at Part Ex, it's all about the difference between the two cars. Best of luck.

By the way, anything over £10k in Part Ex for a car of your age and spec at this time of year on a Roadster, is good going in my opinion :)