New JDM - what to do next?

michaelwr

Hi all,

I've got a 2002-T in transit :boat: so looking for suggestions/comments on what to do next once it's SVA'd and on the road.

Underseal. :yuck:

Delimiter. :scare: Just in case I forget the speed limit

Radio Expander. If this don't work is it easy enough to change or are the connectors all different? Does AM work, will I still get R5.

Rear Parking sensor. Does the car really beep when putting into reverse? Will I just get confused by a chorus of beeps? :bang: Maybe try a rear camera thingy.

SATNAV - You all seem to think this is pants, anyway to keep the screen and link into something else? Does the TV work?

Bluetooth phone link. Do the cars come with the cradle as standard so I just need to buy the adaptor?

Anything else?

:drive1

:welcome: Buddy

Can't answer much but here goes ;)

Underseal. Depends on price!

Delimiter. Just in case I forget the speed limit Already limited to 125mph I think. Converter costs about £150

Radio Expander. If this don't work is it easy enough to change or are the connectors all different? Does AM work, will I still get R5. Not sure

Rear Parking sensor. Does the car really beep when putting into reverse? Will I just get confused by a chorus of beeps? Maybe try a rear camera thingy. How the hell do you expect this to work unless it beeps :blush:

SATNAV - You all seem to think this is pants, anyway to keep the screen and link into something else? Does the TV work? Very difficult but anythings possible

Bluetooth phone link. Do the cars come with the cradle as standard so I just need to buy the adaptor? Correct on uk models

Radio band expanders dont work , save your money and buy a head unit.... Sat Nav wont work in the Uk..(unlees you want to spend £800+ :scare: )

Speed limiter kicks in at 112 mph .. HKS box of tricks to sort it costs £150 like Liam said :thumbs:

underseal if you want to ,I personally didnt bother( I have a cleaning fetish :blush: )

My importer undersealed the car as part of their standard service. The radio expander I have works fine, but the head unit is an after-market one. The reverse gear beep is really annoying and it serves no useful purpose - nobody outside the car can hear it!

Jim

I actually liked the Bose stuff in my JDM import apart from the lack of radio reception!! Take our advice buy a cheapish or second hand head unit and keep the Jap Bose just in case when you come to sell the car they insist on the original kit!

Cheers

nice BOSE )

according to a lot of owners, the two words never go together ;)

didnt I read it on here that its not a genuine Bose system anyway ,and is in fact just another make badged up as a Bose??

Correct its a dadged up Clarion unit

The speakers may be Bose but the head unit isn't

I might be one of the only people on here to actually really like the Bose!! :wacko::scare::scare: Its got 6cd front loader which never skips & nice sub to masssage my back! The only slight complaint is yes the radio reception is not perfect, but iv heard worse. :thumbs:

I might be one of the only people on here to actually really like the Bose!! :wacko::scare::scare: Its got 6cd front loader which never skips & nice sub to masssage my back! The only slight complaint is yes the radio reception is not perfect, but iv heard worse. :thumbs:

I have no complaints mate :thumbs:

I think mine is great too. Certainly wouldn't bother spending loads of dough on something else that may be better, but not enough to warrant the outlay!!

I think mine is great too. Certainly wouldn't bother spending loads of dough on something else that may be better, but not enough to warrant the outlay,,, Because after all I am a mnge bag who doesn't even like to put miles on my car :blush:

I think mine is great too. Certainly wouldn't bother spending loads of dough on something else that may be better, but not enough to warrant the outlay,,, Because after all I am a mnge bag who doesn't even like to put miles on my car :blush:

you've started something now Liam ;)