de-cat fitting cost??

bradleykit

Thanks for your help guys^^ Just got it done this afternoon in a garage near my hse for 40 pounds^^ Take about an hr or so... havent got a chance to test the result yet, coz i gota go out before they finish, and my bro. andrew (black 350z owner) pick up my z for me, and told me it pop a lot more now but not as loud as he thinks.

Also the OEM cat is SHITTTTTTT!!!! (sry, if u like it) It weight a ton compare to my new japspeed silent de-cat. Anyway, gettin my car to abbey tomorrow morning and get it re-map. Hope i can get a gud result ^^ But what sort of gain do u think i m gonna get? My z is a 53 UK version, with japspeed silent de-cat and y-pipe, amuse R1 titan exhaust, blitz induction kit (or u think i will get a better gain with JWT popcharger?), and a skunks 2 5/8'' spacer. :bounce:

Thanks for your help guys^^ Just got it done this afternoon in a garage near my hse for 40 pounds^^ Take about an hr or so... havent got a chance to test the result yet, coz i gota go out before they finish, and my bro. andrew (black 350z owner) pick up my z for me, and told me it pop a lot more now but not as loud as he thinks.

Also the OEM cat is SHITTTTTTT!!!! (sry, if u like it) It weight a ton compare to my new japspeed silent de-cat. Anyway, gettin my car to abbey tomorrow morning and get it re-map. Hope i can get a gud result ^^ But what sort of gain do u think i m gonna get? My z is a 53 UK version, with japspeed silent de-cat and y-pipe, amuse R1 titan exhaust, blitz induction kit (or u think i will get a better gain with JWT popcharger?), and a skunks 2 5/8'' spacer. :bounce:

I have pretty much the same setup as you (well zorst is the same!) apart form I have headers so will be a good comparison.

There is a thread somewhere, think its in Abbeys thread with a few of my charts, and I saw some pretty good bhp and torque numbers.

If you have a search around there you may see mine.... in a bit of a sorry state!

The larger figure is the hub torque we then divide it by the effective final drive ratio to get a flywheel figure.

Bradley , good to here your happy. enjoy. Car wasn,t to loud either with the de-cats fitted.

3FIDDYZ car with the headers fitted gives a little more midrange torque and a few more top end BHP , sounds a little different as well.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Got back from abbey today with a very happy result :teeth:

final lbft 1140.2

final Hp 268.7

And all the readings are at the hubs, so the flywheel figure is over 300bhp :yahoo:

Thanks Mark from abbey.

Very nice results. 268 wheel horse power at the hubs equates to ~319bhp at the fly (assuming 16% transmission losses: 319 * 0.84 = 268). I believe the HR 350's dyno at around 255-260 at the wheels so 310-320bhp at the flyw for your car seems very realistic. You may need to change the "303bhp" your sig :) The osiris uprev reflash seems to have very good results with bolt on mods.

The larger figure is the hub torque we then divide it by the effective final drive ratio to get a flywheel figure.

Bradley , good to here your happy. enjoy. Car wasn,t to loud either with the de-cats fitted.

3FIDDYZ car with the headers fitted gives a little more midrange torque and a few more top end BHP , sounds a little different as well.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Would you justify the cost of headers for the performance and sound they give or do you think they are a pain for what they do.

Got back from abbey today with a very happy result :teeth:

final lbft 1140.2

final Hp 268.7

And all the readings are at the hubs, so the flywheel figure is over 300bhp :yahoo:

Thanks Mark from abbey.

Very nice results. 268 wheel horse power at the hubs equates to ~319bhp at the fly (assuming 16% transmission losses: 319 * 0.84 = 268). I believe the HR 350's dyno at around 255-260 at the wheels so 310-320bhp at the flyw for your car seems very realistic. You may need to change the "303bhp" your sig :) The osiris uprev reflash seems to have very good results with bolt on mods.

Lots of discussion about this and unfortunatly its not that easy!..... Better just to quote hub figs! Not that I am complaining about mine being 325 @ the fly via your figs!

Also Abbeys Dynos are at the Hub so more accurate than at the wheel :)

Mark

Hi Mark,

Would you justify the cost of headers for the performance and sound they give or do you think they are a pain for what they do.

Decent ones yes!!! (And I know you meant Mark @ Abbey!)

Mark

Hi Mark,

Which ones are decent. Im looking at dc sport ones.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Which ones are decent. Im looking at dc sport ones.

Yep they are decent well made ones from a relaible company!

You still got the Japspeed manifold group buy in your footer that was all!! ;)

And yep you do need to put your old cats on at MOT speedy, not a hard job to do if you got a jack and some axle stands!