Printer advice needed

Maccaman

Really need to get myself a colour printer for use at home. As I haven't got a clue, and don't want to be influenced by the slick advertising, was looking for some guidance. Only need for pictures and general printing when necessary. Thanks, in advance, for any help :thumbs:

I always like the canon printers Keith mainly because you get seperate ink tanks that keeps the cost of replacing them down. I have a MP620 but thats a discontinued model. Looks like the 560 is closest to my spec but maybe over the top for what you want, but it does do everything and is also a scanner/copier too.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... 2&catid=52

Cost of ink carts is the main factor.I used to use HP but the ink cost more that the printer.

I now stick with Epson Printers with 6 cartriges as you only change them one at a time when one is empty (we have 3 Epson printers on the go) They are all used with JET TEK cartridges,as they are cheaper and last longer.

If you want to print photos on photo paper.Then it's best stick with the manufacturers ink cartridges.

Good Look

Chris

I've always been pleased with Epsom erfection printers used to do a lot of imaging and yet the ink seperated out on some

models and costco sell it in double packs bit nip to costco and see what they have at the mo there is a scanner printer all in number for good

money think it's Lexmark from memory?

Used to use hp and epson but have recently swapped to the new kodak printer and have been really impressed with it. Ink is dirt cheap for the manufacturers stuff and actually prints alot before needing changing and the speed is very good. As teachers me and my wife print alot so keeping costs down is important, but we still want to keep good quality for personal use. We've printed wedding photos on it and he quality has been excellent. We have the 4 in 1 unit with scanner copier printer. We don't have the one with the fax. Can't check numbers as still o hospital but definatly worth a look.